Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Ramadan fasting has been interpreted differently by different people. According to Koran - Fasting, or “sawm” in Arabic, begins 20 minutes before dawn (fajr) and ends at sundown (maghrib). It applies to able-bodied adults, meaning that children; pregnant, breastfeeding or menstruating women; travelers; the elderly; and the ill are exempt.

THat may so but I have seen very small children as young as 6 and 7 enforced to conduct fast in a very strict manner.

That is fanaticism which is a modern day concept ...forcing children into obeying and practicing religious rituals, thats where all the problem  begins..

Exactly Usha. This what M.G Singh was also saying. Forcing religious rituals is a crime be it on children or elders. Yoga never forces it's concepts on any body. It's voluntary and it is left to the will of the individual concerned.

Now yoga will be taught in schools from sixth to tenth standard with 60% marks for practicals. HRD minister is trying to take assurance from schools that they will carry out practicals sincerely. Now they should also introduce a subject on benefits of fasting and how to go about fasting. 

Definitely. Benefits of fasting is an integral part of Yoga. Iver a period I think an integrated course on Yoga will be intoduced in all the educational institutions,.

rambabu wrote:

Definitely. Benefits of fasting is an integral part of Yoga. Iver a period I think an integrated course on Yoga will be intoduced in all the educational institutions,.

In fact fasting is very much a part of Indian life ...Hindus fast on certain days and there are some days when only certain food items like fruits and uncooked food is taken...Any practice that has health benefits should be introduced to children since it makes sure that they get a balanced all round development .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In fact fasting is very much a part of Indian life ...Hindus fast on certain days and there are some days when only certain food items like fruits and uncooked food is taken...Any practice that has health benefits should be introduced to children since it makes sure that they get a balanced all round development .

Ask me Usha about the benefits of fasting. I stuck to this practice to cure my indigestion problem. I fast during nights.And i eat a full breakfast and lunch. My food will be either fruit juice or a non - oiled chapati. And i finish my food with a glass of butter milk. Now there are no traces of indigestion.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.