Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, Fasting is good up to a point as it gives rest to teh system, but asking small children to fast and observe ramadan is criminal. The Chinese have stopped this fasting as its a health hazard  in Muslim majority province and Islamic world is mum.

Fasting by children below 8 years lead to adverse conditions.

Muslims world has no reactions to this as they have everything to say what is happening inside, now they are mum and silent, intresting observation by  @MG Singh

http://mohanmekap.com/

Let them come forward and express. Keeping mum says that there is a reason behind forcing the children for fasting.

Ramadan fasting has been interpreted differently by different people. According to Koran - Fasting, or “sawm” in Arabic, begins 20 minutes before dawn (fajr) and ends at sundown (maghrib). It applies to able-bodied adults, meaning that children; pregnant, breastfeeding or menstruating women; travelers; the elderly; and the ill are exempt.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Thank you Usha for clarification. Now all doubts about fasting must come to an end.

usha manohar wrote:

On a lighter note I remember reading a news report a few years back from one of the Malaysian newspapers where they went on to say that there may be shortage of chicken and they may have to import more chicken during the ramadan month from Thailand...so, in effect people consume more proteins during this month and no harm done if they fast during the day..One of my muslim friend claims that generally she ends up putting on weight after fasting all 30 days and breaking the fast after sunset.!!!

No doubt, the Roza fasters eat well during night.  But even then not eating anything even water continuously for very long hours is unhealthy and everyone can't do that.  This makes very unsystematic eatring. eating only during night hours and nothing during day for forty days is really very uncomfortable. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Belief Sir. Faith and belief can move the mountains. "uncomfortable" may be for others. I do fasting every day. But during night. I take either light food or fruit juice. I'm very comfortable . No weakness . Rather active.

usha manohar wrote:

Ramadan fasting has been interpreted differently by different people. According to Koran - Fasting, or “sawm” in Arabic, begins 20 minutes before dawn (fajr) and ends at sundown (maghrib). It applies to able-bodied adults, meaning that children; pregnant, breastfeeding or menstruating women; travelers; the elderly; and the ill are exempt.

THat may so but I have seen very small children as young as 6 and 7 enforced to conduct fast in a very strict manner.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

THat may so but I have seen very small children as young as 6 and 7 enforced to conduct fast in a very strict manner.

That is fanaticism which is a modern day concept ...forcing children into obeying and practicing religious rituals, thats where all the problem  begins..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.