Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A shame for congress which has forgotten a great economic reformist.

That is how it is. Advani is forgotten while he is still around.

A classic example of burning the boat after reaching the shore.

I honestly didnt want to take part in this discussion. I will just make one comment and exit. How can anybody give any praise to this man , Narasimha Rao, who was convicted and sentenced to jail term of 2 years for bribing JMM  members of parliament to win no trust vote. He was let off by High Court on a technical point and died soon after. He holds the record of being perhaps the 2nd PM after Turkeys PM  Mendes to be convicted for corrupt practice. One can always gloss over and say , well it doesn't matter!!!.

MG Singh wrote:

I honestly didnt want to take part in this discussion. I will just make one comment and exit. How can anybody give any praise to this man , Narasimha Rao, who was convicted and sentenced to jail term of 2 years for bribing JMM  members of parliament to win no trust vote. He was let off by High Court on a technical point and died soon after. He holds the record of being perhaps the 2nd PM after Turkeys PM  Mendes to be convicted for corrupt practice. One can always gloss over and say , well it doesn't matter!!!.

Narasimha Rao was the scapegoat used by the Congress high command to bribe the JMM MPs and Congress has had a history of bribing people left, right and center..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Narasimha Rao was the scapegoat used by the Congress high command to bribe the JMM MPs and Congress has had a history of bribing people left, right and center..

Was Narasimha Rao not a Congress man or he was a babe in the woods?. The entire thing was engineered by him. Please read the judgement , it is available in A.I.R files

PV and Manmohan Singh are knives with sharpness on only one side. Chanakya says those who are like knives having sharpness on only one like PV cannot survive.. PV was made a " Bakra" only for this single reason.. PV was a good planner not a schemer. These schemers who are in the side wings utilized this for their advantage.

rambabu wrote:

PV and Manmohan Singh are knives with sharpness on only one side. Chanakya says those who are like knives having sharpness on only one like PV cannot survive.. PV was made a " Bakra" only for this single reason.. PV was a good planner not a schemer. These schemers who are in the side wings utilized this for their advantage.

PV was the schemer and planner. In fact he was awarded 3 years RI and not 2. The judgement held him culpoable. Respect the mind of the judge. PV was also charged with falsefying documents to show VP Singh son Ajaye Singh had bank acct in St Kitts. It was  CBI case and emerged in 1996. It is important to be pragmatic and not swayed by emotion. As President of many Court martial I never allowed sentiment to come in.

PV and Congress cannot be separated as @Usha does to absolve PV. Like every leader he had good and bad points, but after he is no more let us remember the good he did esp to change dramatically the Indian economy. 

I was in Air HQ when PV died. One can give him credit for the good he did, but it was decided that he could not be given a national funeral being the ONLY PM in Indian history to be convicted for corruption (3 year jail). This was not the only case but he was an accused in St Kitts forgery case and Lakhubhai cheating case ($ 100 thousand). We have to balance the good with the bad and he certainly did not deserve to be alongside the greats like Nehru, Shastri, Morarji and Indira.  Let his soul rest in peace. Amen !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.