A well read person is Intelligent or is it that an intelligent person is well read? the general perception among the majority of people is that knowledge and intelligence are co related .. what do you think ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Knowledge and intelligence are co-related. An intelligent person is one who has knowledge of almost everything in life and he has the ability to think and apply his knowledge with discretion. But what is knowledge? It is an awareness acquired through experience. Reading gives you information; not knowledge. A well-read person fills his brain with all sorts of information and converts it into an infinite library of the universe. Information is the theoretical part. Real knowledge is practical, which can be attained only through experience.

Knowledge gained by reading, if not applied in the right direction..  leads you nowhere. Otherwise it's an exercise in futility.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:Knowledge and intelligence are co-related. An intelligent person is one who has knowledge of almost everything in life and he has the ability to think and apply his knowledge with discretion. But what is knowledge? It is an awareness acquired through experience. Reading gives you information; not knowledge. A well-read person fills his brain with all sorts of information and converts it into an infinite library of the universe. Information is the theoretical part. Real knowledge is practical, which can be attained only through experience.

Reading no doubt gives you information but an intelligent person is able to absorb and gain knowledge out of it ,use it to his advantage. I agree that there is no use of having any amount of knowledge and intelligence, if not used for practical purpose to better oneself in life ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It goes like this. I'm a voracious reader. I gained knowledge too. I know two multiplied by two makes Four..

If I do not know what would be the the cost of 4 oranges, if each costs  Two rupees. To make it simple I quoted this example. Such knowledge gained by reading is of no use.

To sum up all, Read books. Gain knowledge. And apply.

rambabu wrote:

It goes like this. I'm a voracious reader. I gained knowledge too. I know two multiplied by two makes Four..

If I do not know what would be the the cost of 4 oranges, if each costs  Two rupees. To make it simple I quoted this example. Such knowledge gained by reading is of no use.

To sum up all, Read books. Gain knowledge. And apply.

Yes very true, I guess common sense is also something that comes with intelligence and experience and it is very much needed to face life and its hurdles.

I agree with you. Application is more important. It has its relevance in all spheres of life that makes you shoot ahead.

Knowlege is collection of information. Knowledge means more informed. Intelligence is the capacity to use knowledge. An unintelligent person may have more knowledge but incapable toproperly make use of. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Information becomes knowledge when it is put to use and intelligence is the ability to learn and become capable of manipulating knowledge as required. Reading and observing are tools to acquire knowledge. The more one has the more learning takes place and more equpped he is to use it or intelligence goes up. Common sense is however not so common.

Well said. Information if not put into practice, is an exercise in futility.

So, in effect one can achieve little even if one is bestowed with intelligence or is it that ones intelligent levels goes up or gets enhanced with knowledge which is got through books and education. I would think that experience and wisdom has a lot to do with common sense which is also instinctive ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.