kemel Mustapha "ataturk" a general of the army of the Ottoman empire seized power in Turkey after WW I. he by the gun banned burkha, long dresses for women, Islamic schools, The Caliph, Otrhodox Islamic text books and put Turkey on path to secularism and modernization. Can it be repeated in India. Mind you Turkey was 99% Muslim

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Will the Indian "Mustapha" be a Hindu or Muslim? One may also direct one's  critical gaze on the ills in Hinduism  before reforming other religions.

vijay wrote:

Will the Indian "Mustapha" be a Hindu or Muslim? One may also direct one's  critical gaze on the ills in Hinduism  before reforming other religions.

It is appllicable to ALL and anybody who wishes to live in past

First India is secular country. Second peoples of all religions living here. Third here every one is free to wear what they like. what is the need of Mustapha in India?

Mustafa Kemal changed the very face and fate of Turkey. Women were given equal rights even represented and were part of his governance . A truly great personality especially when you compare him to the Saudi rulers who are only now giving the women partial right to vote !!!!! It is unfortunate that he died at a relatively young age of 57, am sure he would have contributed much more .. India is a country that is never sure which direction it wants to take as yet, so I guess we need to be thankful and be satisfied with small mercies !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Mustafa Kemal changed the very face and fate of Turkey. Women were given equal rights even represented and were part of his governance . A truly great personality especially when you compare him to the Saudi rulers who are only now giving the women partial right to vote !!!!! It is unfortunate that he died at a relatively young age of 57, am sure he would have contributed much more .. India is a country that is never sure which direction it wants to take as yet, so I guess we need to be thankful and be satisfied with small mercies !

Don't say mercies, these are right and not handout. Women also have equal rights in India. Turky is small country and most of the population is of Muslims. India is differ than turky. Illiteracy is main problem here but situation is improving but it is some slow.

Mustapha kemel transformed Turkey in a decade , while in India ills like the caste system and obscurantism among Muslims is centuries old and will not go away on its own. In fact from the time of my schooling I find the caste divisions have accentuated now. Even Gandhi failed.

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk undertook several ptogrammes in the fields Political, economic and reforms. He had transformed former Ottoman empire in to a modern and secular nation , Thousands of new schools were opened. Primary education was made free and compulsory. Women were given equal civil political rights.

His actions can certainly be implemented in India too. Though these acts were destroyed beyond recognition by the earlier regimes, I'm sure the present Government can deliver the goods.

vijay wrote:

I think you have a fetish in picking up Hinduism. Why Hinduism should reform FIRSt before other  religions, why not all together? There is no doubt that one law must be enforced in a nation and the sharia has no place. Similaarly the caste system now perpetutaed by the Government cannot go away on its own.  It has remained for thousands of years. A  Mustaphha is needed in india.

MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

I think you have a fetish in picking up Hinduism. Why Hinduism should reform FIRSt before other  religions, why not all together? There is no doubt that one law must be enforced in a nation and the sharia has no place. Similaarly the caste system now perpetutaed by the Government cannot go away on its own.  It has remained for thousands of years. A  Mustaphha is needed in india.

I agree with you. There are certainly Musthfas are there in India. When the secularism was raped beyond recognition by the erstwhile sinister regimes especially by that party where Secularism was born and brought up, it takes time for our Indian Musthfas to deliver the goods.

That's,indeed,the need of the hour and demand of our times! A bold visionary,capable of unmasking the true and ugly faces of our pseudo-secularists and he or she may be a Muslim,Christian,Zoroastrian! India's politics has reduced 'secularism' to an empty shell devoid of all contents. But where do we find him or her? All we have,are dwarves,pigmies and Lilliputs!!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.