Banning beef in India has become a contentious isue and many people are shouting that many communitiues in India eat beef. Spare a thought and think that 56 nations in the world have banned pork. They alsio have many pork eaters like Coptic Christians, never the less pork is banned.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Cow was elevated to divinity in the Rig Veda. Indian society has addressed the Cow as Gowmata. Thousands of names in our country are cow related. Cow is well known as Annapoorna. In the year 2003, the National Commission on cattle under justice G.M Lodha submitted to the NDA government. The report said clearly said  stringent laws should be implemented i order to protect Cow in the interests of rural economy.

During the first war of independence in 1857, Bahadur Shah was installed as emperor by the Hindus in Delhi. His Hindu Prime Minister, on the proclamation of the Emperor Cow Killing as a  Capital offense.

Unfortunately in the present days, we are witnessing cows are being neglected and left in the streets leading to Road accidents. These pathetic conditions are to removed first by the Present Government.

Here is an interesting article by Subramanian Swamy.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/importance_of_the_cow_in_vedic_culture.htm

rambabu wrote:

Cow was elevated to divinity in the Rig Veda. Indian society has addressed the Cow as Gowmata. Thousands of names in our country are cow related. Cow is well known as Annapoorna. In the year 2003, the National Commission on cattle under justice G.M Lodha submitted to the NDA government. The report said clearly said  stringent laws should be implemented i order to protect Cow in the interests of rural economy.

During the first war of independence in 1857, Bahadur Shah was installed as emperor by the Hindus in Delhi. His Hindu Prime Minister, on the proclamation of the Emperor Cow Killing as a  Capital offense.

Unfortunately in the present days, we are witnessing cows are being neglected and left in the streets leading to Road accidents. These pathetic conditions are to removed first by the Present Government.

I agree with you. You certainly have point regarding goivernment action.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I agree with you. You certainly have point regarding goivernment action.

The present Government is a firm believer  in Hinduism.I'm sure it's going to  take the initiative in this regard. Why not, ours is a Hindu Rashtra and it's the bounden duty of every Hindu to uphold its religion  and the sanctity of its religious texts like Vedas and mythologies.  I need not tell you or any other Hindu that Hinduism is one of the oldest religions of the world.

India is a country with diversity. You cannot ban beef in entire country. That is why state governments have the power to ban cow slaughter depending on circumstances in their states. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Bans are ineffective still some want it.

Bans can be effective if there is will and ressolve. The question is the government havig this will and resolve. Mere mouthing things will not do

rambabu wrote:

Yes it is true that Bahadur shah Zafar had banned cow slaughter. Even earlier there was a selective ban on cow slaughtre during reign of Akbar and Shah Jahan. If these Muslim rulers could look after their hindu subjects, I see no reason why cow slaughter cannot be banned in india.

Cow slaughter should be banned in India. It has a strong link with Hindus and their sentiments. Where else cow slaughter can be banned if not in Hindustan, the Home of Hindus ?

I feel that it is best to leave it with the states to either ban or not depending on what the majority of the people want since we have an inequal distribution of population ( beef eaters ) in different states .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Leaving it to states is a good idea worth considering. Sentiments of one group should not decide.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.