Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

How about Some Christians who eat pork in India ?

rambabu wrote:

There is no bar on Christians eating pork. many Hindus also eat pork. It is only taboo in Islam

Thank you said by: rambabu
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There is no bar on Christians eating pork. many Hindus also eat pork. It is only taboo in Islam

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, after seeing many Hindus eating pork, I was confused.

The importance of cow has gone down significantly in rural India. No longer are farmlands being tilled by cow, it is tractors which are doing the job. The hide of cows is replaced by man made fibres like nylon, acrylic, polyester in making of shoes. Cow dung is increasingly being replaced by cooking gas/solar cookers thus eliminating use of cow dung.Cow urine is used in a very minor medicines in some Ayurvedic medicines as was clarified by Patanjali. The cow was a useful animal in the earlier economy which has since progressed very far. In earlier economy protection to cow was necessary because of its economic importance and the best way was to ban its eating on religious grounds. However today the scenario has totally changed. The only reason today ban on beef is sought is more to do with taking political benefit of appearing to be taking care of the majority religion because of the perceived propaganda that previous govt was   taking care of minority religion feelings. Except 4 or 5 states cow slaughter is banned in all other states. Cant these few states be tolerated by modern day Singhs and Babus 

rambabu wrote:

Not only Christians but also Hindus like to eat the flesh of pigs. But Muslims do not touch or eat pork. Eating pork is against Islam. Like Muslims, Jewish people are also against eating pork because pigs are not antelope. 

Jincy Aby wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Not only Christians but also Hindus like to eat the flesh of pigs. But Muslims do not touch or eat pork. Eating pork is against Islam. Like Muslims, Jewish people are also against eating pork because pigs are not antelope. 

Yes. Now I under stood all about what you said. I owe my thanks to Mr. M.G Singh for clarifying the issue.

India is a country with diversity. Different people of different religion are living in India since long. So full ban of something in India is hard and the politician are playing their vote bank politics through religion, it becomes harder to take some decision. But cow is related to majority people of India, so banning of cow slaughter is a good step, but its complete ban is not possible without political will.

http://www.comparenshop.in

It is a Hindu Rashtra. Hindus are in majority.And cow is the most venerated and respected animal. Cow plays an important role in farming. In Hindu mythologies and Vedas you can see its reference. Setting aside the majority Hindu sentiments and allowing Cow slaughter is something that cannot be tolerated.

I do not think that ban on beef is possible in India because India is a country with number of Muslims and Christians. They are not ready to stop their favorite dish beef. 

Great. What about Hindus, who are much more than Muslims and Christians put together ? Do you expect Hindus also should make beef eating as their favorite dish?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.