If demanding dowry is a crime then demanding alimony is womens rights how it is possible???? If dowry is a crime then alimony also must be a crime

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Dowry is the amount paid for fixing marriage. This is unlawful and immoral. alimony is not paid for fixing marriage. This is paid as compensation for breaking marriage. No comparison. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Even if its compenstation then why only husband need to pay 

There is nothing wrong to accept dowry from girl's parents. But do not demand or harass the girl and her family to get it. After marriage she sacrifices her life for her husband's  family. She is ready to give up her job also to look after her husband, children and the other members of the family. She works hard without any rest and without expecting salary. If she has no personal property who will give money to her to live in this world if there is a plan to divorce? Regarding her hard work, the husband has the right to give alimony for his divorced wife. She has no other way to live in this world.

Alimony means payments for the support for the maintenance of the spouse either by a lump sum or a continuous basis. Alimony is paid by the supporting spouse to the dependent spouse. The general rule is that a spouse is dependent  when he or she makes less money than the other spouse.

Ok got it. Idont suppot dowry but i dont support alimony also. even if wifedemand divorce we have to pay alimony, on one hand they want equality on other hand they are requesting to consider weak or dependent. They Do scarify many things, but is it only for husband not for herself? If wife cheat on husband we just get divorce if proved but same men do thwn need pay alimony or jail then why this in equality wth men? 

When I said Spouse it means both . It is not necessary for the husband alone to pay alimony. I made the things very clear.

Alimony is paid to the weaker spouse if he or she cannot maintain themselves even in cheating cases by either partner. Isue is clear and there should not be any confusion

by Ashish

If demanding dowry is a crime then demanding alimony is womens rights how it is possible???? If dowry is a crime then alimony also must be a crime

There is absolutely no right to alimony since even a deserving totally dependent wife who has no career and money of her own, worked like a slave for the welfare and upkeep of her family, has to fight it out at the family court which is most of the time prejudiced against the women of our country and our Indian men never complain but lord it up when the wife works free of cost giving her all to the family but question her right for maintenance when things go wrong and the poor woman is literally on the street ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Asking for dowry is a crime but it is still prevalent in our society. The girl's side must not give dowry in any circumstance because the men who accept dowry in marriage are not worthy to get married. Now, comes the question of alimony, regarding it I will second @usha manohar's opinion but with a minor twist. I would prefer ladies not to accept alimony from their husband with whom their relationship has gone sour and by doing so their self respect will rise. Yes, there are some circumstances when the divorced ladies are left with no choice and are willingly/unwillingly have to accept alimony. On the other hand I am against those ladies who file false cases to harass the husband and the in-laws. They in no way deserve alimony but if their is a child in between then certainly the man as a father has a responsibility towards his child so for his/her sake one must take care of the child's need such as education and all other requirements.

shampasaid

Your comparison of two dissimilar matters is devoid of

all logic and rationality. The diference between the two sticks out a mile. It is in keeping with civilized practices of the world to protect the financial stakes of a weak party who is caught holding the rough end of the stick of a failed marital relationship. Dowry is rooted in savagery while alimony stands at an altogether different plane!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.