Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If people in a family are broad minded, they can accept a girl inside their family without dowry. How many people are ready to marry a girl without dowry? These kind of possibilities are only in love marriage especially when the couples do register marriage without getting  permission and support from family members.  

If the husband and wife are financially well settled, they do not try for getting alimony during the time of divorce. They give least importance to such matters. 

Well i think if dowry is a crime then in same manner alimony is also a crime. Because if we look deep in this matter then we will find that both are done for money. 

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:

by Ashish

If demanding dowry is a crime then demanding alimony is womens rights how it is possible???? If dowry is a crime then alimony also must be a crime

There is absolutely no right to alimony since even a deserving totally dependent wife who has no career and money of her own, worked like a slave for the welfare and upkeep of her family, has to fight it out at the family court which is most of the time prejudiced against the women of our country and our Indian men never complain but lord it up when the wife works free of cost giving her all to the family but question her right for maintenance when things go wrong and the poor woman is literally on the street ..

Nothing wrong in alimony if wife or husband have not any other means of earning. It is ritual in Muslims, Mehar, the amount which will payable to wife in case of divorce.

Babu saroj wrote:

Well i think if dowry is a crime then in same manner alimony is also a crime. Because if we look deep in this matter then we will find that both are done for money. 

I guess it is better you get the exact definition of alimony and understand it before making that comment

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Jincy Aby wrote:

If people in a family are broad minded, they can accept a girl inside their family without dowry. How many people are ready to marry a girl without dowry? These kind of possibilities are only in love marriage especially when the couples do register marriage without getting  permission and support from family members.  

If the husband and wife are financially well settled, they do not try for getting alimony during the time of divorce. They give least importance to such matters. 

There are many families where arranged marriage gets fixed without dowry. It's not a matter of having any broad mind rather it must be the trend for marriage fixation and especially the boy and the girl must have guts to say no to marriage with dowry. About alimony I would say that see the celebrity circle. The wives are accepting alimony even after being so rich. 

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

I guess it is better you get the exact definition of alimony and understand it before making that comment

Alimony is not dowry, it is amount to start a new life by widow and her children. Indian law also favor it. In some cases where husband is not able to earn his livehood and wife had earning court decided case is favor of husband and order to pay alimony to husband.

I think dowry and alimony are two different aspects hence comparison is not possible. Dowry is become a tradition, and only bride has to pay the dowry, regardless of being rich or poor. Alimony is paid be either spouse (can be husband or wife) who ever earns more. Alimony is paid to support the spouse life  after seperation. 

For so many years, Dowry tradition has been going on, where girls family has to pay huge amount to the grooms family, then why not alimony? Why can't rich husband pay off the amount to his poor wife ?  Time is changing, so accept it.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Asking for dowry is a crime but it is still prevalent in our society. The girl's side must not give dowry in any circumstance because the men who accept dowry in marriage are not worthy to get married. Now, comes the question of alimony, regarding it I will second @usha manohar's opinion but with a minor twist. I would prefer ladies not to accept alimony from their husband with whom their relationship has gone sour and by doing so their self respect will rise. Yes, there are some circumstances when the divorced ladies are left with no choice and are willingly/unwillingly have to accept alimony. On the other hand I am against those ladies who file false cases to harass the husband and the in-laws. They in no way deserve alimony but if their is a child in between then certainly the man as a father has a responsibility towards his child so for his/her sake one must take care of the child's need such as education and all other requirements.

Like I said before it is not at all an easy matter to get alimony because family courts deliberate and after a lot of considerations think of granting alimony, so there is no question of any false case being encouraged by the court , which is as it is , is prejudiced against women !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Asking for dowry is a crime but it is still prevalent in our society. The girl's side must not give dowry in any circumstance because the men who accept dowry in marriage are not worthy to get married. Now, comes the question of alimony, regarding it I will second @usha manohar's opinion but with a minor twist. I would prefer ladies not to accept alimony from their husband with whom their relationship has gone sour and by doing so their self respect will rise. Yes, there are some circumstances when the divorced ladies are left with no choice and are willingly/unwillingly have to accept alimony. On the other hand I am against those ladies who file false cases to harass the husband and the in-laws. They in no way deserve alimony but if their is a child in between then certainly the man as a father has a responsibility towards his child so for his/her sake one must take care of the child's need such as education and all other requirements.

Like I said before it is not at all an easy matter to get alimony because family courts deliberate and after a lot of considerations think of granting alimony, so there is no question of any false case being encouraged by the court , which is as it is , is prejudiced against women !

Decision on alimony  takes years, for some false case how can some one denied for right of deserving one. Misuse of any law is possible but for it law can not be abolished .

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

It seems you got me a little wrong. I did not mean that court will encourage false case for alimony. I was talking about the fake domestic violence cases filed by the wives and when it gets proved that the wife's accusation was false then in that case divorce should be granted to the husband and alimony should not be given to her. That should be her punishment for ruining an entire family only because of her selfish desire. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.