Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
ABSIVAKUMAR wrote:

Madam, please note the city is not Chennai, which is now becoming very modern.  No one bothers there.  However, what happened at Coimbatore and in Chitoor, in AP, is what I saw, by way of personal experience.  May be, times will slowly change here too, with the passage of time.

I know that you did not refer to Chennai but I also know from personal experience of my close friends that wearing sleeveless dresses is still frowned upon at even in large corporate companies in Chennai, although I am sure that the scene must be changing gradually.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

wel, now a days wearing sleeveless and mini has become culture. As one of our boddunan member said, men are least bother regarding the outfit of a women, but the women mind set is different. they are the one who comment and make others feel embarrassing.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

. I happened to see, how things change over a period. Presently, i marked a change in the attitude of both men and women in their thoughts and attitude. This is true in the case of wearing sleeveless blouses too. Things will not remain forever unchanged. Had it been like that Humans would have remained still in the Old Stone Age.

I had been in almost all South Indian states and seen people closely. I am surprised to read anyone care to pass a comment on sleeveless blouse in any big city in that part of the country. If my memory serves me right I first saw a lady in a sleeveless blouse and very beautifully worn saree in a southern state well before I saw in North. I think if that was the case it must have some personal reason but not the dress itself.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too find this very surprising , my grand mother used to wear sleeveless blouses to school and so did many of her colleagues and frirnds and mangalorean Christians dress in shorts and mini skirts regardless of age, so no one really bothers here about any dress...not an uddue even 2 or 3 decades ago!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Some have rightly pointed out that sleeveless blouse is very old.  I remember that one old man (then I was young) remarked that women wearing sleeveless blouse should shave off their arm pits.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

suni51 wrote:

I had been in almost all South Indian states and seen people closely. I am surprised to read anyone care to pass a comment on sleeveless blouse in any big city in that part of the country. If my memory serves me right I first saw a lady in a sleeveless blouse and very beautifully worn saree in a southern state well before I saw in North. I think if that was the case it must have some personal reason but not the dress itself.

Exactly. In AP, Vizag now, seeing a woman wearing a sleeveless blouse never created any kind of OOhs an Aahs in the onlookers. Of course, these are the trends that took place of late. But a decade ago, the scenario was very different. The real reason is  following the trends of the times.

Yes Sir, things have changed in AP, and even in Vijayawada I found a few women wearing sleeveless blouses without any problem.  No one even bothered, and it was a shopping center.  Am sure times will change elsewhere too, with the passage of time.  Anyway, women need to be more broad minded and i guess when they become more educated, things will be far better.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.