Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

I think that person who read this fact, never stop using capsules. I read it first time that cover of capsules made of animal organ. Earlier I know that it is made of any edible starch.

Yes I too was astonished. But if you go through the link article, you can realize that these capsules use of animal organs.

Yes I read it but what can be do, we can't stop using of capsules and film coated tablets. Manufactures of Auyrvedic medicines also using capsules.

If that's the case, one should avoid such Ayurvedic capsules.

It is impossible, which medicine we will use?

usha manohar wrote:

The discussion here about giving information about capsules and what they are made of, not whether they are good or bad. we cannot do away without medication and capsules so no point in debating ..I doubt if anyone can do away with tablets and capsules even if they want to since we are bound to fall sick, catch infections, become old and infirm

Life is important than all other things. We can't away medicines. I am vegetarian but for massage I used Pig tello (Charbi). 

No one is truly vegetarian , we drink cows milk , Eat ice cream and Jellys made with  Gelatin that has bone marrow in it and in some form or the other animal substance comes into our life. So, it is better to accept things that help us live a healthy life without being judgmental and fussy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

No one is truly vegetarian , we drink cows milk , Eat ice cream and Jellys made with  Gelatin that has bone marrow in it and in some form or the other animal substance comes into our life. So, it is better to accept things that help us live a healthy life without being judgmental and fussy !

True...animals are connected to our lives one way or the other, lipsticks contain fish scales, most cosmetics are tried and tested on animals, there is no way one can avoid such contact in any way, of course, unless someone decides to turn into a jungle man or something like that, it could be possible. But fuss need not be made about such stuff. Even in surgeries, sutures used to sew up our organs internally are made of animal guts, for that matter. In that instance, should one refuse to get operated on and choose to die of disease instead?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True...animals are connected to our lives one way or the other, lipsticks contain fish scales, most cosmetics are tried and tested on animals, there is no way one can avoid such contact in any way, of course, unless someone decides to turn into a jungle man or something like that, it could be possible. But fuss need not be made about such stuff. Even in surgeries, sutures used to sew up our organs internally are made of animal guts, for that matter. In that instance, should one refuse to get operated on and choose to die of disease instead?

Exactly ! Kalyani one of my relatives is a true vegetarian, not eating garlic and onions too. She was advised to take Cod liver oil when she became anemic and severely ill. She tried but could not stand the smell so instead endi=ed u having capsules , which means she had fish and animal product too LOL..smiley.png

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Exactly ! Kalyani one of my relatives is a true vegetarian, not eating garlic and onions too. She was advised to take Cod liver oil when she became anemic and severely ill. She tried but could not stand the smell so instead endi=ed u having capsules , which means she had fish and animal product too LOL..smiley.png

Garlic and onion is vegetable, some people don't eat it because of its flavor. Animal organs also used in some other thing. Bone sanues (layer of skin of bones) of animals used in making adehesive like fevicol. Animals bones also used in tea gardens as fertilizer.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

If one can tolerate the bitter taste one can break the capsule and take its contents.

it is very hard to take contents, these are enough bitter and person may be vomiting.

Yes, the capsules help to ingest the medicine otherwise it becomes too difficult to consume without it unless we dissolve the content in large amount of water. 

I tried consuming the medicine without capsule, just removed the medicine content from the capsule, added in the water and drank whole water, it was too bitter. It didn't caused any wrong effect on my body but it was not edible to take the medicine without capsule. 

Why make things unnecessarily difficult for oneself when you have easier and better alternatives. Medication is a reality of life ! What about when you have a deep wound that needs stitches which were earlier and even now made with cats gut or some such animal material ! Can we say no to that ..

Bajirao wrote:
anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

If one can tolerate the bitter taste one can break the capsule and take its contents.

it is very hard to take contents, these are enough bitter and person may be vomiting.

Yes, the capsules help to ingest the medicine otherwise it becomes too difficult to consume without it unless we dissolve the content in large amount of water. 

I tried consuming the medicine without capsule, just removed the medicine content from the capsule, added in the water and drank whole water, it was too bitter. It didn't caused any wrong effect on my body but it was not edible to take the medicine without capsule. 

There is actually a scientific reason for existence of the capsules, some type of medicines are required to be absorbed slowly and in the specific parts of our digestive system, hence they are made into capsules which start getting digested only when they reach the colons and medicine inside is released. Otherwise, why would the pharma companies take pains to mahufacture capsules, the medicine inside could easily be sold in tablet form, but there is a specific reason for the capsule form. So it should be taken as is and not broken and only the contents ingested, as doing so would not have the desired effect in treatment. 

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

rambabu wrote:

The cover used for Capsules prescribed by the Doctors are made of material that cannot melt once it goes in to your stomach. Because, the cover is not made with plastic but with Gelatin which remains undissolved for 400 years or even more.

this is really dangerous, as it can cause stomach related diseases and problems 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.