Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

Sorry, but we also failed when Priyanka did the same in Himachal or Vadra did the same in Haryana but when shall we come out of party lines and talk as responsible citizens? How long shall we take for reaching to a point where we talk sense instead of targeting each other? The same is happening in parliament and same is the story here. 

If you want to see the reference you can see here but that is not a counter response

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/himachal-pradesh-hc-notice-to-priyanka-in-shimla-property-case-2775335/

It is not fare to compare Priyanka and Vadra with Sachine. Sachine is not a politicians and he known for his honesty. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Although I am a big fan of Tendulkar, I strongly object to his intention of extending favour to his friend by using his connection. It's good that he was not entertained. 

True...I too am a fan of Tendulkar but he has been known to take advantage of his position every now and then. Few years ago, he refused to pay and got the taxes waived off of his luxury Ferrari car. Now this. While in reality, people like him should be more willing to pay their taxes on time and not taking benefits because that would mean money taken from other people in not so fortunate conditions. But they feel like they are gods or something and have every right to being treated differently.

I agree with you kalyani on every point. It would have been great if he had set an example. On saying so I would like to comment that we expect great deed from the celebrities and when they fail we raise our fingers but when we do the same in our own capacity it all goes unnoticed. That does not mean I am supporting Sachin's favour taking act but we must also learn to applaud his good gestures too such as when he refused to advertise liquor brand as well as cigarettes.   

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Although I am a big fan of Tendulkar, I strongly object to his intention of extending favour to his friend by using his connection. It's good that he was not entertained. 

True...I too am a fan of Tendulkar but he has been known to take advantage of his position every now and then. Few years ago, he refused to pay and got the taxes waived off of his luxury Ferrari car. Now this. While in reality, people like him should be more willing to pay their taxes on time and not taking benefits because that would mean money taken from other people in not so fortunate conditions. But they feel like they are gods or something and have every right to being treated differently.

I agree with you kalyani on every point. It would have been great if he had set an example. On saying so I would like to comment that we expect great deed from the celebrities and when they fail we raise our fingers but when we do the same in our own capacity it all goes unnoticed. That does not mean I am supporting Sachin's favour taking act but we must also learn to applaud his good gestures too such as when he refused to advertise liquor brand as well as cigarettes.   

Yes Definitely, Shampa. What you say is perfectly true.. we do have a tendency to be quite unbalanced even in our adulation. When the celebrity is doing superbly,  we put him on a pedestal and  when he loses a few matches we are the ones who take a hammer to the pedestal, so the fault lies too with us little bit. And yes, not each celebrity has shown such discretion as Sachin when it comes to advertising. We must indeed give him credit for it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Ajay Devgan is gladly advertising a product which is allegdly harmful. So is Akshay Kumar. So all have plus and minus qualities.

Absolutely, we should not forget that celebrities are also human beings. They have their desires, they too look after their families and fulfil other responsibilities. In such a situation some acts go wrong and some go right. This is the case with us too and the celebrities have no option to raise a finger against our selfish attitude. It will be too much if we expect every celebrity to become God or a saint but yes, if they act like a hooligan or a devil then certainly they deserve to be criticised. 

shampasaid

All human beings have good,average and some bad qualities too. But when you are bestowed with a responsible position like a peoples representative it becomes your responsibility to have some ethics more so if you are already a celebrity because every move you make bad or good will be noted and discussed. It also may be emulated by some who look up to these celebrities. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ethics are inborn they cannot be acquired

I beg to differ with you. Ethics can be cultivated.

In  exceptional cases only.

Ethics are moral values which are normally learnt as an individual grows up depending on the home atmosphere or many a times it depends on the environment that the person grows up in .. We need to follow certain ethics that our office or family insists on. At a personal level it is living up to a certain standard that is accepted by the society at large and also acceptable to our beliefs and conscience !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.