Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Imphal like other northeastern states do not have taxi services like Uber or Ola. We are mostly dependent on Auto services. Most of these auto drivers are members of auto drivers association. And its quite safe to travel in these autos. In fact there were many cases where passengers have been able to recover their things that they had left behind in auto by mistake.

But if one travels in autos which is not a member of such association, one is less likely to recover the things that they have left behind

jabeen wrote:

Imphal like other northeastern states do not have taxi services like Uber or Ola. We are mostly dependent on Auto services. Most of these auto drivers are members of auto drivers association. And its quite safe to travel in these autos. In fact there were many cases where passengers have been able to recover their things that they had left behind in auto by mistake.

But if one travels in autos which is not a member of such association, one is less likely to recover the things that they have left behind

Auto Rickshaws are quite safe even in our state and by and large the drivers are honest.The only problem is that they never want to go where you want to . It is strange but they would rather while away their time rather than take passengers where they want. I am not sure if this is the case in other states ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Auto Rickshaws are quite safe even in our state and by and large the drivers are honest.The only problem is that they never want to go where you want to . It is strange but they would rather while away their time rather than take passengers where they want. I am not sure if this is the case in other states ?

Looks like this is a common affliction of the auto drivers thropughout the country! Although they are safe and honest, they never will take you where you want to go. Also, they are quite arrogant and would not even help pregnant ladies or old people. That is the reason why services such as Ola and Uber are on the rise! But these people will not learn a lesson but instead will seek help from political groups and resort to morchas or agitations instead of working hard.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Looks like this is a common affliction of the auto drivers thropughout the country! Although they are safe and honest, they never will take you where you want to go. Also, they are quite arrogant and would not even help pregnant ladies or old people. That is the reason why services such as Ola and Uber are on the rise! But these people will not learn a lesson but instead will seek help from political groups and resort to morchas or agitations instead of working hard.

Bangalore is very bad as far as autos are concerned..they are arrogant and simply look through you. Now I go to a traffic police if I happen to find one and ask his help , the same fellows who refused earlier are forced to obey. Of course once when it happened the driver grumbled all the way demanding extra but I paid what he was due and walked away.  Honestly, if they have a rule where you can take down the licence number and complain , things might become better..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I think its little better in our state. Though there are cases of such refusal to take passengers to their preferred destinations, but if one hires auto driven by members of auto association, one doesn't face such problems as they take turn in taking passengers.

Auto Rickshaw Drivers' behavior seems to be common everywhere, with a few exceptions here and there.

Some times, I hear a few Auto Drivers are being caught by the Passengers while manipulating the Charging Meters ( I don't know what the Meter is called ) and handed over to the Cops.

Refusal by auto drivers is based on economics. They generally refuse as they may not get return fare which makes them go in loss.  Or sometimes having waited for long they want a good fare to compensate for their inactive period. But yes in the process passegers are put to inconveniences.

You are talking on behalf of Auto Drivers. Autos are poor man's transport system. Is it not related to economic condition of Common man ?

That is why, Police Department, intervened and doing justice to both Auto Drivers and Common men

vijay wrote:

Refusal by auto drivers is based on economics. They generally refuse as they may not get return fare which makes them go in loss.  Or sometimes having waited for long they want a good fare to compensate for their inactive period. But yes in the process passegers are put to inconveniences.

It is understandable that they need to get a profit but by remaining static they don't achieve anything. Autos give about 40-45 kms per liter since the engine is the same as a scooter. A liter of petrol costs at the highest rs 70. In my city the minimum charge for autos is  RS 25 for 2 kms. On that basis even if they take a passenger to a destination that is 6 KMS away and get back with no fare  they would have spent less than twenty rupees for 12 kms on petrol and earned rs 75 as fare for 6 Kms. I was pointing this out an auto driver who was grumbling about not getting a fare of his choice . Naturally all the people in the city don't want to go to one destination of his choice !!!

I faced many times normal taxis cheat more than cabs so I prefer to go by cabs if I have more luggage. For small distance I prefer general taxis.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.