After statue of unity was inagurated recently by  our Prime Minister , Yogi Adityanath has announced the building of Lord Rama's statue in Ayodya , supposed to be bigger than the statue of unity. It makes you wonder if there is any need for such an extravaganza, especially given UPs track record of poor health care, dismal crime record and one of the lowest per capital income in the country. 

https://www.younews.in/news/ram-statue-in-ayodhya-to-be-bigger-than-statue-of-unity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1fimCCUB3zyeWfOYIJLkjgW-itaAZ8N4OAf9CdNf1xr-usLU_QFHV5FkE

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

After the installation of statue of Unity, UP government might be getting inspired to do something similar by installing Lord Rama's statue. But I agree with Usha that this project is a wastage of public's money. Sarder Vallabhai Patel was a great leader who had made a great effort in unifying India. So, honouring him by installing the statue of Unity is justified. However, Lord Rama is a religious leader and personally I feel that Government has many important issues to take care of other than promotion of religions.

Thank you said by: suni51

I agree with Jabeen, the UP government should stop all religious activities including wastage of taxpayers' money on building and maintaining large Haj Houses in different cities of UP and giving various facilities to Madarsas. In fact, it's not a proper way for government/s to involve in religious interest for the sake of vote-catching. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: jabeen

While I agree that BJP portrays itself as a party that has its roots in Hindutva , it is still the duty of any elected state or central government to concentrate on overall development rather than spend precious funds on such mega projects. I read a few responses and criticisms on this subject where a professor pointed out that it would generate jobs for a lot of people especially the under previleged , so it is productive . .it is a point to ponder !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Making of this statue has a lot of political significance. But Spending thousands of Crores on building statue is not justified anyhow.

All one are criticizing for statue of Sardar Patel than God Rama. Why you are not asking any word for statue of Mayawati, Kashi Ram and symbol of BSP Elephant. That was not wetgae of money.

anil wrote:

All one are criticizing for statue of Sardar Patel than God Rama. Why you are not asking any word for statue of Mayawati, Kashi Ram and symbol of BSP Elephant. That was not wetgae of money.

Those were definitely a big wastage of public money and if I am not mistaken, a public Interest litigation was also filed against the Mayawati Government for the projects related to installing statues. 

I think people are not looking at the benefits it is creating by creating self employment for restaurants, entry fee, Tourism inflow, etc due to it. We are being focused only on negative things in this regard. I think it is good to stamp India's imprint on the World by creating such Statues which has meaning & relevance of being in the world map.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

Those were definitely a big wastage of public money and if I am not mistaken, a public Interest litigation was also filed against the Mayawati Government for the projects related to installing statues. 

True, Mayawati and her party was criticized by everyone, in fact even the courts were very critical of it...Except Mayawati herself and her party followers no one supports it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2879713/Mayawati-accused-wasting-crores-statues-elephants-mentor-herself.html

Thank you said by: jabeen
epraneeth77 wrote:

I think people are not looking at the benefits it is creating by creating self employment for restaurants, entry fee, Tourism inflow, etc due to it. We are being focused only on negative things in this regard. I think it is good to stamp India's imprint on the World by creating such Statues which has meaning & relevance of being in the world map.

Everything comes later because the money required comes from the state budget and to make way for such a huge expenditure , every year the govt has to cut down some other expense until it is built. This will directly or indirectly hit the citizens..Ultimately the tax payers will suffer because f such extravaganza.

I have been reading that Adityanath is bent on going ahead with the project. I sincerely hope that this will not be his or BJPs waterloo in the coming elections..

epraneeth77 wrote:

You are right that installations of such statues create opportunities to turn it into a tourist spots, thereby generating self employment opportunities to people. But as far as I can understand, its only very few people who will actually benefit by such self employment opportunities. However, if these amounts are used in health, environment or education sectors etc which are not yet at its best form, it will benefit greater section of the people. And that's why people are criticising such projects.

According to data, Mayawati Government spent around 40,000 crore on projects to install statues but a mere 3000 crore for social welfare and anti poverty programs.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.