Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ratan Tata may merely be following in the footsteps of his illustrious predecessors but he is a person to be reckoned with and admired! Honesty and integrity coupled with so much temptation for more money and power is a rare quality! Similarly, I respect Mr. Narayan Murthy too along with Ratan Tata, in fact a little bit more because Mr. Murthy started from a humble background and built an empire and still remains a humble, gentle and a down-to-earth person!

Quite a day today for me. Second instance where you made the same answer as I would. I also respect Mr. Narayan Murthy more than I respect Ratan Tata and to be honest, I have even lost respect for him.

I have worked at Tata Consultancy Services and the employee policies there were pathetic, employees were more happy with the previous E-Serve/citibank administration.

Narayan Murthy has more sound employee policies and always comes up with something good for employees like employee stock options etc.

But nonetheless, both are honest businessman and are to be respected.
I am happy in a way both ratan tata and narayana murthy has played an important role in controlling brain drain at least to some extent.
I don't think it would be apt to bracket Ratan Tata with Narayan Murthy especially taking into the fact that the former's name came under a cloud in Radia's controversial case!
It is good to know about Ratan Tata and Narayan Murthy being a corruption free industrialist and I too believe the fact that they are like examples in front of others.

But one thing is there that the Tatas' got a bit under controversy during the Singur Tata Nano issue in Bengal or the land acquisition controversy....
It is good to know about Ratan Tata and Narayan Murthy being a corruption free industrialist and I too believe the fact that they are like examples in front of others.

But one thing is there that the Tatas' got a bit under controversy during the Singur Tata Nano issue in Bengal or the land acquisition controversy....

When you do anything, there will be controversy. Only do nothing fellows are without controversy. Tata were not wrong any way in Singur. The land allocation was problem of state government and political compulsions made Tata abandon the Nano project in the sate and move to Gujarat.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think the Singur case is a landmark one in the sense that the entire country came to know the seamy side of the role of the government in acquiring land for private industry from poor farmers. To be fair enough to Tata the Left government in West Bengal made a complete mess of it by siding with Tata!
GUlshankumar wrote:[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Ratan Tata may merely be following in the footsteps of his illustrious predecessors but he is a person to be reckoned with and admired! Honesty and integrity coupled with so much temptation for more money and power is a rare quality! Similarly, I respect Mr. Narayan Murthy too along with Ratan Tata, in fact a little bit more because Mr. Murthy started from a humble background and built an empire and still remains a humble, gentle and a down-to-earth person!

Let me explain that Tata group is not a family concern in spite of Ratan being a Tata. So, there is no inheritance. Ratan Tata took over from Rusi Modi. Any one not necessarily a Tata may be head of this group. [/quote]

Gulshan, when I say inheritance, I meant the inherent traditions of the Tata Group and not the family! When any person takes over as the headman of any industrial giant, he is expected to the follow the same traditions as were followed by his predecessors - at least where the social responsibilities are concerned!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Quite a day today for me. Second instance where you made the same answer as I would. I also respect Mr. Narayan Murthy more than I respect Ratan Tata and to be honest, I have even lost respect for him.

I have worked at Tata Consultancy Services and the employee policies there were pathetic, employees were more happy with the previous E-Serve/citibank administration.

Narayan Murthy has more sound employee policies and always comes up with something good for employees like employee stock options etc.

But nonetheless, both are honest businessman and are to be respected. [/quote]

Gosh, that's true! I have heard about the general unrest about such things at Tata concerns too! Infosys on the other is everyone's dream destination!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.