The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
To be very frank once the thread is old enough there won't be any thing but irrelevant posts on that, therefore this would be better to lock it after a particular number of posts or a fixed time frame.

Some threads like " happy Birthday wishing","festivals","events" they should be locked after a particular period of time because after specific time they are not worth enough and there are chances that these threads get irrelevant responses. :blink:
To be very frank once the thread is old enough there won't be any thing but irrelevant posts on that, therefore this would be better to lock it after a particular number of posts or a fixed time frame.

Some threads like " happy Birthday wishing","festivals","events" they should be locked after a particular period of time because after specific time they are not worth enough and there are chances that these threads get irrelevant responses. :blink:

Ideally they should be locked, but reason most such threads are left open is because once the stipulated time or the event passes by, the threads too get buried under current issues and events, and it is normally left to the members to be understanding enough to not revive them again. But currently I am seeing even quite senior and sensible members posting comments on such threads and that makes me question their intentions!

So in future, at least I have made a note to myself to not leave such topics open!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ideally they should be locked, but reason most such threads are left open is because once the stipulated time or the event passes by, the threads too get buried under current issues and events, and it is normally left to the members to be understanding enough to not revive them again. But currently I am seeing even quite senior and sensible members posting comments on such threads and that makes me question their intentions!

So in future, at least I have made a note to myself to not leave such topics open!

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouing in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouring in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:

Atul being a senior administrator here and as he does not come in too frequently on forums, the thread was not locked but with respect to another similar thread, the less I say anything the better!

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouring in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:

Atul being a senior administrator here and as he does not come in too frequently on forums, the thread was not locked but with respect to another similar thread, the less I say anything the better!

The fact is half of the threads are irrelevant and you cannot expect but irrelevant posts. The only solution is those should be locked as soon as posted before irrelevant posts begin pouring in.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree.

The fact is half of the threads are irrelevant and you cannot expect but irrelevant posts. The only solution is those should be locked as soon as posted before irrelevant posts begin pouring in.

Point noted!!! And also the members should support the decision of locking threads, especially the creators, for there is always a furore when threads are locked with claims being put by creators that they want to add more points there! :blink:

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouing in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:

Sanjeev, you have not made sure before making this statement,just go through the link, the thread was locked o the 5th day itself in a great hurry, where as other similar threads have remained live for months together which probably you never noticed...

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/236907-happy-birthday-atul.html?limitstart=0

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree.

Sanjeev, you have not made sure before making this statement,just go through the link, the thread was locked o the 5th day itself in a great hurry, where as other similar threads have remained live for months together which probably you never noticed...

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/236907-happy-birthday-atul.html?limitstart=0

I started a 'Thank you Boddunan' while I got my first pay, that was locked 3rd day while I can see people having their 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th going on for ages. That is the difference in between new and favorite ones. I never asked for revival although I had not even read all the posts on that before it was closed.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree.

He he he!! we all know the reason for that!!! :evil:

I agree.

He he he!! we all know the reason for that!!! :evil:

May be I did notice it but expressed it what I wanted to say. :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.