The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
To be very frank once the thread is old enough there won't be any thing but irrelevant posts on that, therefore this would be better to lock it after a particular number of posts or a fixed time frame.

Some threads like " happy Birthday wishing","festivals","events" they should be locked after a particular period of time because after specific time they are not worth enough and there are chances that these threads get irrelevant responses. :blink:

Ideally they should be locked, but reason most such threads are left open is because once the stipulated time or the event passes by, the threads too get buried under current issues and events, and it is normally left to the members to be understanding enough to not revive them again. But currently I am seeing even quite senior and sensible members posting comments on such threads and that makes me question their intentions!

So in future, at least I have made a note to myself to not leave such topics open!

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouing in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:

Sanjeev, you have not made sure before making this statement,just go through the link, the thread was locked o the 5th day itself in a great hurry, where as other similar threads have remained live for months together which probably you never noticed...

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/236907-happy-birthday-atul.html?limitstart=0

He he he!! we all know the reason for that!!! :evil:

May be I did not notice it but expressed it what I wanted to say. :woohoo:

I feel that it is better to get all the facts right before posting ,when you do that no one can take advantage of you or manipulate you..

I don't need to collect facts to tell facts as I already cleared what I wanted to say :) I think you also understood it.I just gave an example of one thread may be it was locked before 10 days :woohoo: but still there are lot of threads like this which keep on coming on the front page and looks so irritating. :evil:

I don't mind if someone wants to manipulate me as I can extract fun out of it also. :woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: So long as you are aware of it and derive fun out of it, go for it!! :woohoo: But don't make it a habit!! :evil:

I know he is a funny guy who is always after the fun but does have enough of it. He needs more.

Absolutely I always come on the forums to have fun and if someone wants to manipulate then its his/her problem and I never take things seriously at least with online people. :woohoo:
Ideally they should be locked, but reason most such threads are left open is because once the stipulated time or the event passes by, the threads too get buried under current issues and events, and it is normally left to the members to be understanding enough to not revive them again. But currently I am seeing even quite senior and sensible members posting comments on such threads and that makes me question their intentions!

So in future, at least I have made a note to myself to not leave such topics open![/quote]

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouing in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:[/quote]

Sanjeev, you have not made sure before making this statement,just go through the link, the thread was locked o the 5th day itself in a great hurry, where as other similar threads have remained live for months together which probably you never noticed...

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/236907-happy-birthday-atul.html?limitstart=0[/quote]

He he he!! we all know the reason for that!!! :evil:[/quote]

May be I did not notice it but expressed it what I wanted to say. :woohoo:[/quote]

I feel that it is better to get all the facts right before posting ,when you do that no one can take advantage of you or manipulate you..[/quote]

I don't need to collect facts to tell facts as I already cleared what I wanted to say :) I think you also understood it.I just gave an example of one thread may be it was locked before 10 days :woohoo: but still there are lot of threads like this which keep on coming on the front page and looks so irritating. :evil:

I don't mind if someone wants to manipulate me as I can extract fun out of it also. :woohoo:[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: So long as you are aware of it and derive fun out of it, go for it!! :woohoo: But don't make it a habit!! :evil:[/quote]

I know he is a funny guy who is always after the fun but does have enough of it. He needs more.[/quote]

Absolutely I always come on the forums to have fun and if someone wants to manipulate then its his/her problem and I never take things seriously at least with online people. :woohoo:[/quote]

But you should take things seriously with serious people like me, I am your big brother and you should be aware of that. ;)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So in future, at least I have made a note to myself to not leave such topics open!

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouing in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:[/quote]

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/236907-happy-birthday-atul.html?limitstart=0[/quote]

May be I did not notice it but expressed it what I wanted to say. :woohoo:[/quote]

I feel that it is better to get all the facts right before posting ,when you do that no one can take advantage of you or manipulate you..[/quote]

I don't mind if someone wants to manipulate me as I can extract fun out of it also. :woohoo:[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: So long as you are aware of it and derive fun out of it, go for it!! :woohoo: But don't make it a habit!! :evil:[/quote]

I know he is a funny guy who is always after the fun but does have enough of it. He needs more.[/quote]

Absolutely I always come on the forums to have fun and if someone wants to manipulate then its his/her problem and I never take things seriously at least with online people. :woohoo:[/quote]

But you should take things seriously with serious people like me, I am your big brother and you should be aware of that. ;)[/quote]

As a brother I take your things seriously don't worry. :woohoo:

But it depends on the things. :woohoo:
To be very frank once the thread is old enough there won't be any thing but irrelevant posts on that, therefore this would be better to lock it after a particular number of posts or a fixed time frame.

Some threads like " happy Birthday wishing","festivals","events" they should be locked after a particular period of time because after specific time they are not worth enough and there are chances that these threads get irrelevant responses. :blink:

I agree.

I saw a thread " Happy Birthday to Atul Sir" was not locked even after 10 days of his birthday and the responses were still pouing in.I think this is our responsibility also to report such threads to moderators to lock them. :blink:

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/236907-happy-birthday-atul.html?limitstart=0

I feel that it is better to get all the facts right before posting ,when you do that no one can take advantage of you or manipulate you..

I don't mind if someone wants to manipulate me as I can extract fun out of it also. :woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: So long as you are aware of it and derive fun out of it, go for it!! :woohoo: But don't make it a habit!! :evil:

I know he is a funny guy who is always after the fun but does have enough of it. He needs more.

Absolutely I always come on the forums to have fun and if someone wants to manipulate then its his/her problem and I never take things seriously at least with online people. :woohoo:

Dont worry sanjeev, I understand you well, you are too open and frank a person ...If my words made you feel bad , I am truly sorry,because it was a general comment :( ...please dont give any undue imprtance to it, because as you say we have to post here and share knowledge also have fun, thats the intention :) :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree.

Dont worry sanjeev, I understand you well, you are too open and frank a person ...If my words made you feel bad , I am truly sorry,because it was a general comment :( ...please dont give any undue imprtance to it, because as you say we have to post here and share knowledge also have fun, thats the intention :) :)

Don't worry, he never takes it otherwise coming from his seniors. He is too nice a man to mind such small things, besides he knows the intentions. I have known him for long. :cheer:

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

I agree.

Don't worry Usha I did not take it seriously. Sharing knowledge is always a fun. I learnt many things from inetracting with people here but always talking about serious things make me frustrated that's the reason I go beyond the topic most of the time.

:laugh:

I agree.

Don't worry Usha I did not take it seriously. Sharing knowledge is always a fun. I learnt many things from inetracting with people here but always talking about serious things make me frustrated that's the reason I go beyond the topic most of the time.

:laugh:

Don't worry, he never takes it otherwise coming from his seniors. He is too nice a man to mind such small things, besides he knows the intentions. I have known him for long

Of course sunil :) ,....Sanjeev, on the other hand I feel that other than a few threads the rest are filled with a lot of loose talk and so called fun...You know while discussing one cannot stick to one topic only,we tend to add on to other related topics as well and with a little thought and effort , can make it fun and humorous as well..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

this would be better to lock it after a particular number of posts or a fixed time frame.[/quote]

Some threads like " happy Birthday wishing","festivals","events" they should be locked after a particular period of time because after specific time they are not worth enough and there are chances that these threads get irrelevant responses. :blink:[/quote]

So in future, at least I have made a note to myself to not leave such topics open![/quote]

I agree.

Dont worry sanjeev, I understand you well, you are too open and frank a person ...If my words made you feel bad , I am truly sorry,because it was a general comment :( ...please dont give any undue imprtance to it, because as you say we have to post here and share knowledge also have fun, thats the intention :) :)[/quote]

I don't think you are going beyond the topic but still sharing knowledge with UshaG. Yes I always learn a lot from her and others who have some thing to teach me.
: :)

I totally agree with you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pulling this thread up to bring it notice to moderators. But actually, who is doing the role of moderators now?? :blink: :blink: :silly: :silly: :silly: :dry: :dry: :dry:

Meera sandhu

I totally agree with you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pulling this thread up to bring it notice to moderators. But actually, who is doing the role of moderators now?? :blink: :blink: :silly: :silly: :silly: :dry: :dry: :dry:

Of course Maverick!! Anyway, whatever needs to be drawn attention to, Maverick has his eyes open and sees them all!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.