The topic is locked.
I don't know how many Malayalis are here in our group. Our state was formed on November 1st, 1956
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala_Piravi
We celebrate it wearing set saris and dhotis at colleges and offices ;) . Nothing else :silly:
Instead of just conveying wishes, let us see it as a discussion topic and pour a little information in our forum, about formation of different states of our country, its anniversary and any interesting or valuable information related to it. Please include some mythological facts of your states' origin as well.
According to mythology, Parasurama, incarnation of Vishnu throw his axe from Gokurnam to Kanyakumari giving rise to a new land (formed from sea). Before the formation of state, Palakkad was a part of Tamil Nadu and Kanyakumari belonged to Kerala. When states were divided based on language spoken, even the palace of Travancore kings who ruled Travancore (Thiruvithankur) was added to Tamil Nadu, though still under Kerala Government rule.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't know how many Malayalis are here in our group. Our state was formed on November 1st, 1956
We celebrate it wearing set saris and dhotis at colleges and offices ;) . Nothing else :silly:
Instead of just conveying wishes, let us see it as a discussion topic and pour a little information in our forum, about formation of different states of our country, its anniversary and any interesting or valuable information related to it. Please include some mythological facts of your states' origin as well.
According to mythology, Parasurama, incarnation of Vishnu throw his axe from Gokurnam to Kanyakumari giving rise to a new land (formed from sea). Before the formation of state, Palakkad was a part of Tamil Nadu and Kanyakumari belonged to Kerala. When states were divided based on language spoken, even the palace of Travancore kings who ruled Travancore (Thiruvithankur) was added to Tamil Nadu, though still under Kerala Government rule.

November1 is the formation of My state Andhra too.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
All the States and Union Territories of India as they exist today came into existence in the present form on the passing of the Seventh Amendment of the Constitution as follows

Short title and commencement.-(1) This Act may be called the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956.

(2) It shall come into force on the 1st day of November, 1956.

2. Amendment of article 1 and First Schedule.-(1) In article 1 of the Constitution,-

(a) for clause (2), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-

"(2) The States and the territories thereof shall be as specified in the First Schedule."; and

(b) in clause (3), for sub-clause (b), the following sub-clause shall be substituted, namely:-

"(b) the Union territories specified in the First Schedule; and".

(2) For the First Schedule to the Constitution as amended by the States Reorganisation Act, 1956, and the Bihar and West Bengal (Transfer of Territories) Act, 1956, the following Schedule shall be substituted, namely:-

I. THE STATES
1. Andhra Pradesh.-The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Andhra State Act, 1953 and the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

2. Assam-.The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were comprised in the Province of Assam, the Khasi States and the Assam Tribal Areas, but excluding the territories specified in the Schedule to the Assam (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1951.

3. Bihar-The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of Bihar or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province, but excluding the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Bihar and West Bengal (Transfer of Territories) Act, 1956.

4. Bombay.-The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 8 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

5. Kerala -The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 5 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

6. Madhya Pradesh-The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 9 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

7. Madras.- The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of Madras or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province and the territories specified in section 4 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956, but excluding the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 and sub-section (1) of section 4 of the Andhra State Act, 1953 and the territories specified in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 5, section 6 and clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 7 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

8. Mysore- The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 7 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

9. Orissa- The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of Orissa or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province.

10. Punjab-The territories specified in section 11 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

11. Rajasthan-. The territories specified in section 10 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

12. Uttar Pradesh-The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province known as the United Provinces or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province.

13. West Bengal-The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of West Bengal or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province and the territory of Chandernagore as defined in clause (c) of section 2 of the Chandernagore (Merger) Act, 1954, and also the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Bihar and West Bengal (Transfer of Territories) Act, 1956.

14. Jammu ---The territory which immediately before the Kashmir commencement of this Constitution was comprised in the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir.

II. THE UNION TERRITORIES

1. Delhi-. The territory which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution was comprised in the Chief Commissioner's Province of Delhi.

2. Himachal.-.The territories which immediately before the Pradesh commencement of this Constitution were being administered as if they were Chief Com- missioner's Provinces under the names of Himachal Pradesh and Bilaspur.

3. Manipur-The territory which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution was being administered as if it were a Chief Com- missioner's Province under the name of Manipur.

4. Tripura-The territory which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution was being administered as if it were a Chief Commissioner's Province under the name of Tripura.

5. The Andaman -The territory which immediately before the Nicobar Islands commencement of this Constitution was compri- sed in the Chief Commissioner's Province of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

6. The Laccadive-The territory specified in section 6 of the Minicoy and States Reorganisation Act, 1956.". Amindivi Islands

Under the Second States Re-organisation Commission the Uttarachal, Jharkhand states were carved out of UP and Bihar.

Swetha Shenoy
Make it simple yaar..I can't read this 'lambi' document...
Anyhow, happy Kerala day to you Swetha, you are a Malayali though residing in another state

Meera sandhu

Sandhya,

I appreciate you for posting this thread. I know this information because of you. Happy Kerala Piravi!

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

November1 is the formation of My state Andhra too.

It seems all South Indian states formed on November 1st,. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Can you tell me its division, merging etc

Meera sandhu

Sandhya,

I appreciate you for posting this thread. I know this information because of you. Happy Kerala Piravi!

So, my assumption went wrong :silly:
Only Andra and Kerala were formed on November 1st :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
How can it happen Robert?

Meera sandhu
Sandhya, i explained the merging in lambi document

and moreover, that lambi document is just short of our INDIAN Consititution, Respect it yar :p :p I dint want to alter it a bit because it is disrespectful

However, i give you still more altered version-

States and UT's formed on Nov 1,1956- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar,Bombay, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Madras, Mysore, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Commissioner's Province of Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Bilaspur, Manipur, Tripura,Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Amindivi Islands

Swetha Shenoy
All the States and Union Territories of India as they exist today came into existence in the present form on the passing of the Seventh Amendment of the Constitution as follows

Short title and commencement.-(1) This Act may be called the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956.

(2) It shall come into force on the 1st day of November, 1956.

2. Amendment of article 1 and First Schedule.-(1) In article 1 of the Constitution,-

(a) for clause (2), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-

"(2) The States and the territories thereof shall be as specified in the First Schedule."; and

(b) in clause (3), for sub-clause (b), the following sub-clause shall be substituted, namely:-

"(b) the Union territories specified in the First Schedule; and".

(2) For the First Schedule to the Constitution as amended by the States Reorganisation Act, 1956, and the Bihar and West Bengal (Transfer of Territories) Act, 1956, the following Schedule shall be substituted, namely:-

I. THE STATES
1. Andhra Pradesh.-The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Andhra State Act, 1953 and the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

2. Assam-.The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were comprised in the Province of Assam, the Khasi States and the Assam Tribal Areas, but excluding the territories specified in the Schedule to the Assam (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1951.

3. Bihar-The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of Bihar or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province, but excluding the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Bihar and West Bengal (Transfer of Territories) Act, 1956.

4. Bombay.-The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 8 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

5. Kerala -The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 5 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

6. Madhya Pradesh-The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 9 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

7. Madras.- The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of Madrmas or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province and the territories specified in section 4 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956, but excluding the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 and sub-section (1) of section 4 of the Andhra State Act, 1953 and the territories specified in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 5, section 6 and clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 7 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

8. Mysore- The territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 7 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

9. Orissa- The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of Orissa or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province.

10. Punjab-The territories specified in section 11 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

11. Rajasthan-. The territories specified in section 10 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.

12. Uttar Pradesh-The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province known as the United Provinces or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province.

13. West Bengal-The territories which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution were either comprised in the Province of West Bengal or were being administered as if they formed part of that Province and the territory of Chandernagore as defined in clause (c) of section 2 of the Chandernagore (Merger) Act, 1954, and also the territories specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Bihar and West Bengal (Transfer of Territories) Act, 1956.

14. Jammu ---The territory which immediately before the Kashmir commencement of this Constitution was comprised in the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir.

II. THE UNION TERRITORIES

1. Delhi-. The territory which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution was comprised in the Chief Commissioner's Province of Delhi.

2. Himachal.-.The territories which immediately before the Pradesh commencement of this Constitution were being administered as if they were Chief Com- missioner's Provinces under the names of Himachal Pradesh and Bilaspur.

3. Manipur-The territory which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution was being administered as if it were a Chief Com- missioner's Province under the name of Manipur.

4. Tripura-The territory which immediately before the commencement of this Constitution was being administered as if it were a Chief Commissioner's Province under the name of Tripura.

5. The Andaman -The territory which immediately before the Nicobar Islands commencement of this Constitution was compri- sed in the Chief Commissioner's Province of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

6. The Laccadive-The territory specified in section 6 of the Minicoy and States Reorganisation Act, 1956.". Amindivi Islands

Under the Second States Re-organisation Commission the Uttarachal, Jharkhand states were carved out of UP and Bihar.

Swetha,
Appreciations tyo you. You have briefly explained how all the states of India are formed in detail. You rock as always.

Sandhya, i explained the merging in lambi document

and moreover, that lambi document is just short of our INDIAN Consititution, Respect it yar :p :p I dint want to alter it a bit because it is disrespectful

However, i give you still more altered version-

States and UT's formed on Nov 1,1956- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar,Bombay, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Madras, Mysore, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Commissioner's Province of Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Bilaspur, Manipur, Tripura,Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Amindivi Islands

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So funny....hats off to you seeing your respect towards Indian constitution ;)

So, many states are celebrating their birthday today :woohoo: :woohoo:
I want to know if there are any celebrations in your state?

Meera sandhu

You mentioned set sari. I dont know what it it. Could you please explain a bit?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.