The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So happy Kerala Piravi to Malayalam friend of Boddunan.

Piravi means 'birth'.

Sharmsitha,
What about your state?
You didn't add any fresh information

Meera sandhu
This is fantastic forum post. I didn't knew about Travancore. Thanks for sharing this.
Kolkata has historical background . It became famous during British rule. Many famous extremists ad freedom fighter were born in West Bengal like Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Mangal Pandey, Surya Sen, Aurobindo Ghosh, etc. Great Poet Rabndranath Tagore was born here and he build Shantineketan. Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity is at Sealdah, WB. And many more.
This is fantastic forum post. I didn't knew about Travancore. Thanks for sharing this.
Kolkata has historical background . It became famous during British rule. Many famous extremists ad freedom fighter were born in West Bengal like Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Mangal Pandey, Surya Sen, Aurobindo Ghosh, etc. Great Poet Rabndranath Tagore was born here and he build Shantineketan. Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity is at Sealdah, WB. And many more.

Ayyo Devu....
Am sure, you heard about 1 lakh crore treasure of Padmanabhaswamy temple. It belonged to this royal family, the kings who ruled south kerala

Meera sandhu
@Ushaji
"Along with Haryana :) , my state Karnataka too is celebrating Rajyotsava today and it is a public holiday and I wish all the Kannadigas a Happy Rajyotsava...."

Can you say a few words about Rajyotsava, how it's celebrated etc etc...

I have written about the formation here ..http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/237564-happy-haryana-day.html
It is celebrated with the usual governmental functions and some private organisations organising street parties and functions and it is also a dry within the state...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Ushaji
"Along with Haryana :) , my state Karnataka too is celebrating Rajyotsava today and it is a public holiday and I wish all the Kannadigas a Happy Rajyotsava...."

I have written about the formation here ..http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/237564-happy-haryana-day.html
It is celebrated with the usual governmental functions and some private organisations organising street parties and functions and it is also a dry within the state...

I think today is very special day because today is Kerala piravi & Haryana day.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
happy Kerala Piravi to Malayalam friend .
Aniyathi I think you are enjoying today. Today is hariyana day also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Ayyo Devu....
Am sure, you heard about 1 lakh crore treasure of Padmanabhaswamy temple. It belonged to this royal family, the kings who ruled south kerala

I want to know whether women of Kerala wear onam saree on Kerala piravi? Kindly let me know.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
@Ushaji

Which type of street parties?
Do you people wear traditional dresses or something like that?

Meera sandhu

Ayyo Devu....

I want to know whether women of Kerala wear onam saree on Kerala piravi? Kindly let me know.

Normally ladies going to temple on Chingam 1 choose set sari. Also college girls and working women...
Not only Kerala piravi, whole month of chingam as well...the month of onam

Meera sandhu
happy Kerala Piravi to Malayalam friend .
Aniyathi I think you are enjoying today. Today is hariyana day also.

Is it not Bengali day today? :blink:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.