The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Robert...
She just copied......nothing to appreciate..haha
Swetha are you hearing?
Robert, you can wish her today as she is a Keralite

Meera sandhu
I don't know how many Malayalis are here in our group. Our state was formed on November 1st, 1956
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala_Piravi
We celebrate it wearing set saris and dhotis at colleges and offices ;) . Nothing else :silly:
Instead of just conveying wishes, let us see it as a discussion topic and pour a little information in our forum, about formation of different states of our country, its anniversary and any interesting or valuable information related to it. Please include some mythological facts of your states' origin as well.
According to mythology, Parasurama, incarnation of Vishnu throw his axe from Gokurnam to Kanyakumari giving rise to a new land (formed from sea). Before the formation of state, Palakkad was a part of Tamil Nadu and Kanyakumari belonged to Kerala. When states were divided based on language spoken, even the palace of Travancore kings who ruled Travancore (Thiruvithankur) was added to Tamil Nadu, though still under Kerala Government rule.

You mentioned set sari. I dont know what it it. Could you please explain a bit?

You are from my neighbouring state...yet you don't knw Kerala sari and dhoti....(those offwhite sarees with silk border).
Not only Sarees, but set mund also.....
Set Mund is preferred traditional than set sari...
In Nair marriages, ladies use set mund, not set sari.
I also like it very much
Do you people know set mund?

Meera sandhu
Sandhya

Schools celebrate more than offices, they have programmes and cultural dress competition

@ Robert, Set saris are the iconic kerala white saree with gold border. It is actually supposed to be a 2 piece saree showing the gold border

That gold border thing is called as kasav or kesav border.... i guess sandhya will let you know

Swetha Shenoy
@Robert...
She just copied......nothing to appreciate..haha
Swetha are you hearing?
Robert, you can wish her today as she is a Keralite

YEAH I am listening...... the thing is, we cannot alter the constitution, thats why only option is to copy!!!

In law exams, you cannot alter anything , otherwise you will not be awarded marks. If lawyers dont speak exactly what they are supposed to address , they will be penalised. Law is law yar, how can you expect me to write on my own?

ha, i have the previlage to celebrate both AP and Kerala formation day!

Swetha Shenoy
Sandhya

Schools celebrate more than offices, they have programmes and cultural dress competition

@ Robert, Set saris are the iconic kerala white saree with gold border. It is actually supposed to be a 2 piece saree showing the gold border

That gold border thing is called as kasav or kesav border.... i guess sandhya will let you know

Yes I love those sarees a lot, they look really beautiful, simple yet so classy! I am going to buy one as soon as I can!

Happy Kerala Day to you all!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Sandhya

Yes, I have mentioned in my post... set mund consists of 2 pieces..... 1 piece girls wear it as dhoti. Then use the second piece as shawl. (similar to half sari of Tamil Nadu). Kasavu should come in front.

Swetha, do you have set mund or set sari.....? (mund means dhoti)
Also want to know if any celebrations in your state?

Today it will be a traditional fashion show in every school, office and colleges of Kerala :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Wishing you a Happy Kerala Piravi to you.
Sandhya

Yes I love those sarees a lot, they look really beautiful, simple yet so classy! I am going to buy one as soon as I can!

Happy Kerala Day to you all!! :)

Yes Kalyani.
Also, if you wear some simple golden ornaments along with it, no words to explain its beauty. :)

Meera sandhu
@Ushaji
"Along with Haryana :) , my state Karnataka too is celebrating Rajyotsava today and it is a public holiday and I wish all the Kannadigas a Happy Rajyotsava...."

Can you say a few words about Rajyotsava, how it's celebrated etc etc...

Meera sandhu
So happy Kerala Piravi to Malayalam friend of Boddunan.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.