Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
my favourite is Vazhachal of Thrissur district...the place where movie 'Ravan' was shot.
but now serious discussions are going on to build a dam across it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
if so, we we will lose plenty of lovely scenary..many forests will die beneath water.
that's the reason why nature lovers are not allowing it for the past 10 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBKbFZUVlk

Meera sandhu
my favourite is Vazhachal of Thrissur district...the place where movie 'Ravan' was shot.
but now serious discussions are going on to build a dam across it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
if so, we we will lose plenty of lovely scenary..many forests will die beneath water.

Those falls are really really beautiful! People should protest building a dam across those, our government is only out to kill whatever natural beauty is left in our country! :angry: :angry: You should start a protest campaign against it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
The worlds tallest waterfall is Angel falls which is in South America. It is in Venenzuela amidst the jungles and was discovered by a pilot called Jimmi Angel in 1933...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9326]}

Usha have you visited this place this is really good to see. I can image if you are there at that time.

Yes we visited it a few years ago and we have to walk through the National park for about 3 or 4 kms to see the waterfall from the bottom...and I cant even describe how awesome it is...scary too when you see the water falling from such a great height !

Those look really awesome and scary too! I have read a few accounts of incidents where people who visited sites of such monumental natural beauty were so overwhelmed by the beauty of it all, that they simply couldn't process it and felt they did not deserve to live and they jumped into the falls! I have read it happens a lot at the Niagara where people keep trying to jump into them often.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Wonderful pics.I have never seen Water fall. It's looking awesome.
Wow !

All pictures are so wonderful. We feel very happy to see it.

Very amazing.

Be positive
The worlds tallest waterfall is Angel falls which is in South America. It is in Venenzuela amidst the jungles and was discovered by a pilot called Jimmi Angel in 1933...

Usha have you visited this place this is really good to see. I can image if you are there at that time.

Yes we visited it a few years ago and we have to walk through the National park for about 3 or 4 kms to see the waterfall from the bottom...and I cant even describe how awesome it is...scary too when you see the water falling from such a great height !

Does it look exactly like that? I mean sometime photography can do miracles. It must be scary indeed as first of all you have to walk all the way into deep jungle...

Those look really awesome and scary too! I have read a few accounts of incidents where people who visited sites of such monumental natural beauty were so overwhelmed by the beauty of it all, that they simply couldn't process it and felt they did not deserve to live and they jumped into the falls! I have read it happens a lot at the Niagara where people keep trying to jump into them often.

I think it is human nature to get attracted to beautiful things and excitement makes us do such things like jumping into them without knowing what will happen...

Yes Sandhya it is very beautiful and building a dam can definitely damage the environment there.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
This is one of the waterfall nearest to my place.. it is situated in araku valley and is not too far from my city.

http://andhraooty.com/katiki_waterfalls.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harikrish82/6133823140/in/set-72157627825033117

These waterfalls are also very beautiful to watch in winter. You can also see lot of flowers throughout the season.

Those falls are really really beautiful! People should protest building a dam across those, our government is only out to kill whatever natural beauty is left in our country! :angry: :angry: You should start a protest campaign against it!

can anyone forget the wonderful photography of Maniratnam's Ravan?
those beautiful streams and forests..hoping you have seen the movie.
if a dam is built, whole forest and waterfall will be lost :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.