The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Abhijit- Unlike some other sites where we can respond to as many posters in a row, it's considered spamming on this site. Never mind if some members are doing it but they are doing it at the risk of their post(s) deleted. 2 is acceptable to once in a while but please avoid 3-4 posts in a row. Another friendly one coming from me for you ;)
Note- my first 2 consecutive posts were too harshly criticized 10 month before when I was a new member here. Cheers.

:S Spamming? I never knew that. If I get 5 replies, I guess, I can write a reply to all 5 people. I didn't get it - "in a row"? I click on "Quote" so that we know whom I am responding to. If I cannot respond immediately, all my answers appear in a row. So what do I do? It may mean, when I feel like responding, can't I respond?

You certainly can but after some one else too has replied but not two in a row unless must.

Can you please clarify - I couldn't interpret you correctly. Two in a row how? If you respond, so that's one, Mr. A responds: that's 2, someone else also responds, so that's 3. and then I respond which makes it 4. So, should I not respond to such answers.
OR
two in a row means, only my name appearing for 2-3 times to the left of the pane?
Please clarify?

Okay let me clear it if you want to reply to 5 people together you can do it like this
@a
@b
@c
@d
@e
else wait for some one to respond in between
Although if you have some thing urgent you certainly can use another box. chhers.

I still want to clear myself.
Suppose you are the first to respond to my query. Then Ushaji, then Rambabu, then Anil, then AKP, etc. and all of them respond to each other. This means it's only one response overall.but if I have to respond to all of them, it goes beyond 2. Then how do I do it? I am asking again and again so that I don;t want to lose the posts that I am taking so efforts to get on.
@Abhijit- Unlike some other sites where we can respond to as many posters in a row, it's considered spamming on this site. Never mind if some members are doing it but they are doing it at the risk of their post(s) deleted. 2 is acceptable to once in a while but please avoid 3-4 posts in a row. Another friendly one coming from me for you ;)
Note- my first 2 consecutive posts were too harshly criticized 10 month before when I was a new member here. Cheers.

:S Spamming? I never knew that. If I get 5 replies, I guess, I can write a reply to all 5 people. I didn't get it - "in a row"? I click on "Quote" so that we know whom I am responding to. If I cannot respond immediately, all my answers appear in a row. So what do I do? It may mean, when I feel like responding, can't I respond?

You certainly can but after some one else too has replied but not two in a row unless must.

Can you please clarify - I couldn't interpret you correctly. Two in a row how? If you respond, so that's one, Mr. A responds: that's 2, someone else also responds, so that's 3. and then I respond which makes it 4. So, should I not respond to such answers.
OR
two in a row means, only my name appearing for 2-3 times to the left of the pane?
Please clarify?

Okay let me clear it if you want to reply to 5 people together you can do it like this
@a
@b
@c
@d
@e
Although if you have some thing urgent you certainly can use another box. chhers.

Suppose you are the first to respond to my query. Then Ushaji, then Rambabu, then Anil, then AKP, etc. and all of them respond to each other. This means it's only one response overall.but if I have to respond to all of them, it goes beyond 2. Then how do I do it? I am asking again and again so that I don;t want to lose the posts that I am taking so efforts to get on.

Leave it Abhijeet I think Suny can't explain you I think someone else should take up the job..hehehe. :laugh: :laugh:

OR
Please clarify?

@a
@b
@c
@d
@e

You can copy paste all the different peoples responses while quoting anyone and then respond to them individually in the same box...I do it many times to save too many posts.But if you want to increase your post and point count go ahead and respond individually, since that's what most people do...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

OR
Please clarify?

@a
@b
@c
@d
@e

You can copy paste all the different peoples responses while quoting anyone and then respond to them individually in the same box...I do it many times to save too many posts.But if you want to increase your post and point count go ahead and respond individually, since that's what most people do...

Actually responding to individual posts will prevent any confusion that might occur from replying to more posts at the same time. But the point is that, if you are going to be posting consecutive replies at the same time, you have to make sure they are valid and relevant.. Some people have a tendency of posting only Thank yous to different people at the same time via individual posts! Now that is something I definitely do not encourage!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

OR
Please clarify?

@a
@b
@c
@d
@e

Replying in the same box doesn't increase the points and post count? See, there are 5-6 in the same one.

OR
Please clarify?

@a
@b
@c
@d
@e

Replying in the same box doesn't increase the points and post count? See, there are 5-6 in the same one.

Yes exactly, we can do that by combining many posts too when they are all similar in content and require more or less the same response !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have often wondered how it would feel writing 1000 articles. If I were to add up all my articles on different sites, I can easily cross the 850 mark. But I am talking about having 1000 articles on only one site. How about that :woohoo:

Without wanting to dampen your enthusiasm I would say that quantity should never be a priority....I have seen some who have written 2000 + articles consisting of 400-500 words and most of them sound similar, so what is the point?

In one of my previous responses here, I had said that I give more importance to quantity than quality. If that were not so, I would have been writing far too many articles. I decided to cut the number short and instead focus on writing well. If you see some of my latest articles on EK, you will realize that I am writing longer articles with reasonable content - the thing I never gave importance to earlier.

It is the other way round right ? I give more importance to quality than quantity ....I agree that to put forth more information one has to have at least a medium sized article.But again it depends on the subject matter and the capability of the writer, there are some international writers who write such fine articles consisting of just 500 -600 words, I guess it is a knack they have, where no word is wasted and the sentence is to the point !

Oh that's something very horrible I said. I meant to say that I give importance to quality first and then quantity. My next sentence advocates this fact.
Oh that's something very horrible I said. I meant to say that I give importance to quality first and then quantity. My next sentence advocates this fact.[/quote]

Nothing to worry Pal- you'll discover different facts here, time is prime factor but you uncover every thing fast.
And yes we did not have any thing unpleasant in that chat on FB apart a little disagreement by you but that was healthy, nothnig to worry. :cheer:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Oh that's something very horrible I said. I meant to say that I give importance to quality first and then quantity. My next sentence advocates this fact.

Nothing to worry Pal- you'll discover different facts here, time is prime factor but you uncover every thing fast.
And yes we did not have any thing unpleasant in that chat on FB apart a little disagreement by you but that was healthy, nothnig to worry. :cheer:[/quote]
It's a soothing response from you. But I like to mention that I really don't remember anything from that chat. I remember to have chatted about the views on some articles. Anyways, I am not asking you mention the same here again. If all's well, that's fine :)
if one really works hard then surely they can achieve to write 1000 articles.All the best to Abhijit if you could achieve the target.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.