Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What matters is content. Giving different shape may make difference. But I have another thing in mind. almost everything is same. All eatables are made of almost same stuff. These could be sweet or salty. I don't find much difference between Patty and Samosa. Both are stuffed with potato.

Patty is baked snack and Samosa is fried. It is difference between these two.

Patties are shallow fried , not baked while Samosas are deep fried...Once you eat a well prepared samosa you will never give up on it, I love vegetable Samosas !

I like vegetable samosas too, especially vegetables with chinese flavour. Also close by there is a place that sells special samosas with fresh coconut, onion and dried grapes filling which is just so delicious!!

That really sounds delicious , these days there is a lot of choice - had one filled with sprouts and other vegetables the other day and it was lovely served with mint chutney !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What matters is content. Giving different shape may make difference. But I have another thing in mind. almost everything is same. All eatables are made of almost same stuff. These could be sweet or salty. I don't find much difference between Patty and Samosa. Both are stuffed with potato.

Patty is baked snack and Samosa is fried. It is difference between these two.

Patties are shallow fried , not baked while Samosas are deep fried...Once you eat a well prepared samosa you will never give up on it, I love vegetable Samosas !

I like vegetable samosas too, especially vegetables with chinese flavour. Also close by there is a place that sells special samosas with fresh coconut, onion and dried grapes filling which is just so delicious!!

That really sounds delicious , these days there is a lot of choice - had one filled with sprouts and other vegetables the other day and it was lovely served with mint chutney !

I think one only needs to be creative to prepare different varieties of fillings!!

But keeping to the topic, i think some foods in that list are fair enough to be banned, except of course the samosas, but then since the Somalians are attaching religious sentiments there, one cannot say anything! After all, it is each one to his own, we like our samosas, if they don't, then no sweat about it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Traditionally we cook Samosa as triangle. I don't think there is any hard and fast rule to give it a trio shape. It can be oval or a square. Taste makes the factor. Banning food item because of its shape is bit unusual.
Traditionally we cook Samosa as triangle. I don't think there is any hard and fast rule to give it a trio shape. It can be oval or a square. Taste makes the factor. Banning food item because of its shape is bit unusual.

I don't see any reason why we should change our own way of cooking for the sake of another country.

Yes blaming it for just sake of the shape is unusual they must understand it. It pity that people relate small things too with the religion. Is our religion so shaky that it gets effected with the small things?. :blink:

Yes blaming it for just sake of the shape is unusual they must understand it. It pity that people relate small things too with the religion. Is our religion so shaky that it gets effected with the small things?. :blink:

Religion is not shaky but the so called " religious" fanatics would like to shake up things in the name of religion just to gain some importance..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Religion is not shaky but the so called " religious" fanatics would like to shake up things in the name of religion just to gain some importance..

hehehe.. yes people are fanatic not religion they do things and give it the name of religion as they know if they relate it with religion they would easily be accepted by others. :evil:

What these people who supposedly 'lead' any religion are some queer tactics to occasionally shake up things so that they can make it look like as though they are taking painstaking efforts for keeping their religion pure and untainted before their followers!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

One can never imagine that one thing that is normal in one country can become an insulting object in the other. When in India we refer to the word "monkey" for the Lord Hanuman, in Australia it is a racist comment. We all know Bhajji and Symonds had spat over that.
One can never imagine that one thing that is normal in one country can become an insulting object in the other. When in India we refer to the word "monkey" for the Lord Hanuman, in Australia it is a racist comment. We all know Bhajji and Symonds had spat over that.

One man's food is another man's poison. . Especially it applies to such incidents like Harbhajan's.. These issues need not be taken to heart
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.