Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is more wisdom from West Bengal C.M. We never knew that rising population causes rapes. Also modern influence (meaning western) cause this.

It is fashionable to make modern or western culture whipping boy for our ills. Rape is not western but Indian disorder. So many rapes are committed in villages on Dalit women by the upper caste dominants. Isthis western influence?

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/NAT-TOP-rising-population-and-modern-influences-causing-rapes-mamata-banerjee-4216234-NOR.html

Every one have right to speak here. It is my request plz. don't criticize Indian culture.

If we dont analyse what is wrong in our culture and try to set it right, how can there be any positive change.There are far too many things wrong within our culture and we cannot pretend that it does not exist since some of them are glaring and need to be changed in the best interest of all concerned !

True! There are far more things that are wrong within our culture than we blame western influence for! This Sunday there was an article by a foreign writer based in New Delhi in the Sunday Times, she had met with several foreign women travelers and written about how these women were stared at, ogled at lecherously, even pinched and groped by Indian men at several prominent and hi-profile tourist places. While they were not actually raped but the kind of humiliating behavior they were subjected to is indeed shaming for all Indians. And all this while we keep declaring ourselves as belonging to a great and fantastic culture in all the world. I wonder what is so fantastic about our culture when our own as well as other women feel unsafe and uncomfortable all the time?

All these things are not good but is this situation is only in India. It means women are safe in rest world.
There is more wisdom from West Bengal C.M. We never knew that rising population causes rapes. Also modern influence (meaning western) cause this.

It is fashionable to make modern or western culture whipping boy for our ills. Rape is not western but Indian disorder. So many rapes are committed in villages on Dalit women by the upper caste dominants. Isthis western influence?

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/NAT-TOP-rising-population-and-modern-influences-causing-rapes-mamata-banerjee-4216234-NOR.html

Every one have right to speak here. It is my request plz. don't criticize Indian culture.

I respect everyone 's right to express opinion. If you get liberty to blame western culture for increasing rape, others have also the liberty to state that rape is very much in Indian cultural traditions. It is very much in Indian ancient Hindu literature that king of gods Indra raped ahulya, Gautam sage's wife. Also one 'Nahush' who got the position of king of gods, wanted sexual favor from his predecessor's wife 'Indrani'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I respect everyone 's right to express opinion. If you get liberty to blame western culture for increasing rape, others have also the liberty to state that rape is very much in Indian cultural traditions. It is very much in Indian ancient Hindu literature that king of gods Indra raped ahulya, Gautam sage's wife. Also one 'Nahush' who got the position of king of gods, wanted sexual favor from his predecessor's wife 'Indrani'.

How true.If you respect other's culture, it will be reciprocated in equal terms. But you criticize western culture for every small reason and you cannot tolerate if some one points out a flaw in your culture. What justice is this.?
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

If we dont analyse what is wrong in our culture and try to set it right, how can there be any positive change.There are far too many things wrong within our culture and we cannot pretend that it does not exist since some of them are glaring and need to be changed in the best interest of all concerned !

True! There are far more things that are wrong within our culture than we blame western influence for! This Sunday there was an article by a foreign writer based in New Delhi in the Sunday Times, she had met with several foreign women travelers and written about how these women were stared at, ogled at lecherously, even pinched and groped by Indian men at several prominent and hi-profile tourist places. While they were not actually raped but the kind of humiliating behavior they were subjected to is indeed shaming for all Indians. And all this while we keep declaring ourselves as belonging to a great and fantastic culture in all the world. I wonder what is so fantastic about our culture when our own as well as other women feel unsafe and uncomfortable all the time?

All these things are not good but is this situation is only in India. It means women are safe in rest world.

Anil, to tell you honestly, women are much much more safer in western countries, even places where they dresses are quite bold, women are safer than in India!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Anil, to tell you honestly, women are much much more safer in western countries, even places where they dresses are quite bold, women are safer than in India!

Very true ! You never have men ogling you and passing lewd comments anywhere other than in India.It shows that there is definitely something wrong with Indian psyche - may be upbringing or our tradition and culture which always uphold man as the superior being !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true ! You never have men ogling you and passing lewd comments anywhere other than in India.It shows that there is definitely something wrong with Indian psyche - may be upbringing or our tradition and culture which always uphold man as the superior being !

Definitely the double standards of upbringing children in our society where young boys are taught to demean and humiliate young girls! :blink: That is the main problem with Indian men, most of them think they are far more superior and better than women!

Definitely the double standards of upbringing children in our society where young boys are taught to demean and humiliate young girls! :blink: That is the main problem with Indian men, most of them think they are far more superior and better than women!

Kalyani, boys are taught right from childhood how not to be softhearted like a 'Girl'....I remember one incident that took place in my school when a boy teased a girl and she and her friends took him to task and he apologised. The next day he and his friends again teased the girls even more aggressively and the girls complained to the staff. When asked the boy stayed mum but a friend of his said that the boys parents had instigated him and had told him never to apologise to a girl and show that he is a man !! Most people have this kind of attitude...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani, boys are taught right from childhood how not to be softhearted like a 'Girl'....I remember one incident that took place in my school when a boy teased a girl and she and her friends took him to task and he apologised. The next day he and his friends again teased the girls even more aggressively and the girls complained to the staff. When asked the boy stayed mum but a friend of his said that the boys parents had instigated him and had told him never to apologise to a girl and show that he is a man !! Most people have this kind of attitude...

True, it all starts first from the family. A brother and sister were fighting for the only cricket bat in the house. Mother intervened and passed the verdict that, because her brother is a boy, he will have the bat. And the girl will have a broom to clean the floor. With such attitudes you can imagine where we head towards .

So irritating!! Boys are taught to be macho and tough but sadly and ridiculously that machoness has to come out only on girls and women and not against real wrongdoers! And such attitude is not limited only to direct and open aggression and harassment but also in the form of not acknowledging the women's knowledge, expertise, skills, etc. You know what I mean, I have experienced this a lot, in the course of your work, you find out mistakes in your colleague's work who happens to be a man and see what happens next! The truth is that the men have completely false notions about their own superiority, etc. and they immediately start smarting if that is threatened by a woman!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.