Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Then what do you think is the reason for strained relationships?

In Tamil we say, "only if the gold is put on fire, it becomes pure".
Also we say, "only if we hit a stone repeatedly,it becomes a statue".
Similarly only if there is a crack in relationship, it becomes more stronger. Sometimes misunderstanding is possible in responsible for the crumble and not the weak foundation.

If you hit a stone repeatedly, it becomes a sculpture? I could not follow it. Please elaborate.

Only if the stone is hit repeatedly with a chisel, it can be carved into a statue. Thats it. Hope its clear now.

Similarly only if there is a crack in relationship, it becomes more stronger. Sometimes misunderstanding is possible in responsible for the crumble and not the weak foundation.

If you hit a stone repeatedly, it becomes a sculpture? I could not follow it. Please elaborate.

Only if the stone is hit repeatedly with a chisel, it can be carved into a statue. Thats it. Hope its clear now.

If a stone is hit with a chisel it breaks. A sculptor chisels a sculpture. Never hits. Hope you understood the difference between Chiseling and Hitting.

If a stone is hit with a chisel it breaks. A sculptor chisels a sculpture. Never hits. Hope you understood the difference between Chiseling and Hitting.

I think you have not really understood, he has literally translated the meaning of a Tamil proverb and its essence should be understood, there is no need to argue upon the use of words here.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar
Theoritically this is true but it happens in life when we have lots of mis understandings with someone our relationship gets deteriorated and its rare that we still hold the hand of that person. :)
Very true, however, no matter how careful and understanding one is , sometimes cracks do appear in relationships but with timely repair things can go back to what they were before...

Every edifice of Relationship stands on the foundation of Understanding. Weak foundation makes the relationship crumble.

Very true, no matter how much patch work you do the relationship is bound to collapse at some stage or the other. Relationships are not easy to maintain but when there is harmony and understanding it is not that difficult either !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true, however, no matter how careful and understanding one is , sometimes cracks do appear in relationships but with timely repair things can go back to what they were before...

Every edifice of Relationship stands on the foundation of Understanding. Weak foundation makes the relationship crumble.

Very true, no matter how much patch work you do the relationship is bound to collapse at some stage or the other. Relationships are not easy to maintain but when there is harmony and understanding it is not that difficult either !

Not difficult. People who are enjoying the fruits of good relations are well aware of this simple truth.
When there is good time going on, there won't be any problem to prove the relationship. However, when the testing times come, only then we know how close we are to the other person.

True, it is only during the hard times that one really reveals one's true nature and that plays a great role in close relationships!

I have gone through such times when I have had the chance to test the relationships. That is something I have experienced first hand.

Exactly! One needs to be mature enough to understand to maintain relationships. If any of the partner is less understanding its going to break in future. No relationship lasts longer without understanding. :blink:
The basic fact we need to remember is that people change with age and circumstances like we ourselves do and we have to make way and adapt to this. I have seen people who were really dificult becoming much more understanding with time and in some cases the opposite may happen, which is when there comes trouble !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Exactly! One needs to be mature enough to understand to maintain relationships. If any of the partner is less understanding its going to break in future. No relationship lasts longer without understanding. :blink:

Any relationship lasts on both the persons' thinking and approach. If one of them is acting immaturly or if both of them aren't on the same wavelength, the relation certainly collapses.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.