Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A combination of good diet,lots of water and regular skin care can make a difference to the tone of the skin by making it look several shades fairer...Just by applying fairness cream one cannot hope to see any great change.

My Grand mother who lived for a ripe age of 92, never allowed a single day to pass without using Haldi for her face. Not only She successfully retained her glowing skin, but also lived an ailment free life all along. All due to regular life style habits and using natural things for that extra charm in her face and body.

I too have seen many traditional women in South India use turmeric paste and oil on their hair as well as on their face,limbs and body to keep it supple and smooth.What actually matters is a healthy skin regardless of shade rather than a fair dull skin...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A combination of good diet,lots of water and regular skin care can make a difference to the tone of the skin by making it look several shades fairer...Just by applying fairness cream one cannot hope to see any great change.

My Grand mother who lived for a ripe age of 92, never allowed a single day to pass without using Haldi for her face. Not only She successfully retained her glowing skin, but also lived an ailment free life all along. All due to regular life style habits and using natural things for that extra charm in her face and body.

I too have seen many traditional women in South India use turmeric paste and oil on their hair as well as on their face,limbs and body to keep it supple and smooth.What actually matters is a healthy skin regardless of shade rather than a fair dull skin...

Yes, her skin was not an extremely fair skin. But whatever shade she had, has been maintained along with that glow all through.

This is how advertising agencies cash the gullibility of the people. I wonder how even many educated people fall for these Ad tricks.

This is how advertising agencies cash the gullibility of the people. I wonder how even many educated people fall for these Ad tricks.

People especially women want to look good which to them means look fair, it is a stupid thinking ! They spend hundreds of rupees on creams instead the same spent on fruits and vegetables and other health would do them good both inside and outside....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am sure many ladies will be heart-broken by this. They give a lot of importance to fair skin and these myths will make them see red, I fear.

Just yesterday, a husband committed suicide as his fair skinned wife constantly remarked on his black skin. This is indeed tragic. The daily local newspaper carried the heading- Gore rang ke gumaan ne jaan lee (Pride of fair skin cost life). Color and beauty are nature gift and we should not attach so much importance.

I don't understand why people (especially women) give so much importance to fair skin. Actually fair skin has little resistance power in fighting skin diseases. Please someone point that out here if anyone knows it, as I just heard this, and at the moment can't recall the disease's name.

I'm suffering from eczema and undergoing homeopathic treatment. But I have seen the blackish also getting such disease. Thus color of skin may not affect resistance to skin disorder. I don't think that there are more skin diseases in west than in India. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.