Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is absolutely mindless of him to comment like that. In fact, this language has contributed more to cementing relations among all regions of India. I don't know how the president of a national suffers from this terrible prejudice against English language. Even in language this party is displaying its notoriously divisive self!!!

Regardless of party affiliation, some leaders oppose English though this is useful tool for all. Among them are Late Dr.Ram Manohar Lohia, Mulayam Singh, Late Raj Narain etc. Many of these or of Uttar Pradesh. Owing to their policy, Uttar Pradesh suffered a lot. I agree that English is an Indian link language that unites us as Indians.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is absolutely mindless of him to comment like that. In fact, this language has contributed more to cementing relations among all regions of India. I don't know how the president of a national suffers from this terrible prejudice against English language. Even in language this party is displaying its notoriously divisive self!!!

Regardless of party affiliation, some leaders oppose English though this is useful tool for all. Among them are Late Dr.Ram Manohar Lohia, Mulayam Singh, Late Raj Narain etc. Many of these or of Uttar Pradesh. Owing to their policy, Uttar Pradesh suffered a lot. I agree that English is an Indian link language that unites us as Indians.

I remember the CPIM party similarly and suicidally banished English in the primary level in West Bengal and a few generations of student had to pay a very heavy price for it.
Does knowledge of English affect Indian culture adversely. So believes Raj Nath, BJP leader. But Swami Vivekanand addressed in English. Did he lose his Indian culture?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/english-language-has-resulted-in-loss-of-our-culture-rajnath-singh-394397

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/rajnath-says-english-has-cost-indian-culture-dear/1/291995.html

It was through the medium of English, Swami Vivekananda spread the greatness of Hinduism in the World parliament of religions held in Chicago in 1893. And this was considered as the one of the 10 greatest speeches of the world.

I also wonder how such conclusion is arrived at. South Indians speak in English well but they follow Indian culture more. Raja Gopalachari, First Indian Governor General wrote several books, including Ramayana and Mahabharata in English. Dr Radhakishnan, Ex President of India wrote on Hindu philosophy in English. Manyh spiritual gurus also give their lecture on religion and philosophy in English. I listened to Swamy Chinmayanand's lectures in English at Shillong in 1978. Language is just a medium and has nothing to do with particular religion or culture.

Leaders and people’s representatives should not have partisan attitude that suits to their ideologies. If there is a truth in a particular thing, it should be accepted with magnanimity and pass it on to the people. Unfortunately it’s not happening. Such talk will poison the minds of the people.

Raj Nath also is unhappy that hardly anyone speaks in Sanskrit. We respect Sanskrit as our ancient language. Sanskrit is mother of Hindi and many other languages. But it is a fact that language changes with time and space. So, now people speak in various languages that are derived from Sanskrit. Again I wonder what Sanskrit has to do with culture. My Sanskrit teacher in school used to wear Pant, shirt and neck tie. So he knew Sanskrit but also was affected by foreign culture.

Getting influenced by good things is one thing I always welcome. Knowledge is vast. If you can gain by any good thing, I don’t hesitate to pick it up and use it to my advantage in my own way.
Does knowledge of English affect Indian culture adversely. So believes Raj Nath, BJP leader. But Swami Vivekanand addressed in English. Did he lose his Indian culture?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/english-language-has-resulted-in-loss-of-our-culture-rajnath-singh-394397

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/rajnath-says-english-has-cost-indian-culture-dear/1/291995.html

It was through the medium of English, Swami Vivekananda spread the greatness of Hinduism in the World parliament of religions held in Chicago in 1893. And this was considered as the one of the 10 greatest speeches of the world.

I also wonder how such conclusion is arrived at. South Indians speak in English well but they follow Indian culture more. Raja Gopalachari, First Indian Governor General wrote several books, including Ramayana and Mahabharata in English. Dr Radhakishnan, Ex President of India wrote on Hindu philosophy in English. Manyh spiritual gurus also give their lecture on religion and philosophy in English. I listened to Swamy Chinmayanand's lectures in English at Shillong in 1978. Language is just a medium and has nothing to do with particular religion or culture.

Leaders and people’s representatives should not have partisan attitude that suits to their ideologies. If there is a truth in a particular thing, it should be accepted with magnanimity and pass it on to the people. Unfortunately it’s not happening. Such talk will poison the minds of the people.

Raj Nath also is unhappy that hardly anyone speaks in Sanskrit. We respect Sanskrit as our ancient language. Sanskrit is mother of Hindi and many other languages. But it is a fact that language changes with time and space. So, now people speak in various languages that are derived from Sanskrit. Again I wonder what Sanskrit has to do with culture. My Sanskrit teacher in school used to wear Pant, shirt and neck tie. So he knew Sanskrit but also was affected by foreign culture.

Getting influenced by good things is one thing I always welcome. Knowledge is vast. If you can gain by any good thing, I don’t hesitate to pick it up and use it to my advantage in my own way.

By the way, what has any language got to do with one's culture or behavior. Do you think a person fluent in English suddenly transforms into a gentleman or a person unknown to English ways is not cultured at all. An additional language is medium of earning and learning only.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: rambabu

By the way, what has any language got to do with one's culture or behavior. Do you think a person fluent in English suddenly transforms into a gentleman or a person unknown to English ways is not cultured at all. An additional language is medium of earning and learning only.

You are right. A language widens your knowledge . It helps in opening gates to other cultures. otherwise we will be like frogs in a well.

You are right. A language widens your knowledge . It helps in opening gates to other cultures. otherwise we will be like frogs in a well.

And that is not limited to a particular language but yes English is one among the most popular ones so one must learn it if he is willing to reach to places.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.