Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We also need to use satire on proper platform. A restaurant in Mumbai used satire on invoice/ bill, which is a commercial voucher and not a suitable medium for such literary display.

To do full justice to satire. Both satirists and the receivers should be largehearted and should be emancipated .

Any amount of large heart and emancipation cannot lead to absurdity of writing satire on business or official vouchers/ invoices.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

To my mind Animal Farm is one of the most popular and intteresting satire novels....I was going through the list of the populatr satire writers and not surprising that there are no Indians at all in the list - So, I doubt if the politicians would welcome it, they hardly have any sense of humor when they are at the receiving end ! :dry:

True, in a democracy satire plays an important role but in India it is accepted with ill humor, politicians and general public in India has still matured to accept satire for its role. Remember the scene from 3 idiots, the chief guest enjoying the goof up by Chatur a lot when it turns on him, he gets upset and leaves immediately?

LOL...Yes I do remember that scene, 3 idiots was a great film ! many of our films in fact, lack clean humor because they are always making fun of people with deformities and expect the audience to appreciate it..

Movie is movie but politician don't like that some write any satire on them. One movie Kissa Kursi Ka banned by congress government.

Congress is a champion party when it comes to banning things that has even a small resemblance to " the family members" it is ridiculous - they banned Aandhi too which they felt was very close to Indira Gandhis life..and they call themselves secular and democratic !

Yes that was one good movie which went through all those hassles! :blink: These people behave like kids in a kindergarten who snatch things from others and when their things get snatched, the kick and yell and create a big ruckus. :evil: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

When it comes to defining satire I am barely able to resist the temptation of quoting what Alexander Pope said on satire: Praise undeserved, is satire in disguise. Satire happens to be the most weapon in the hands of those who wield it to great effect and purpose. Many of our great literary works won't have born without it!!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
To my mind Animal Farm is one of the most popular and intteresting satire novels....I was going through the list of the populatr satire writers and not surprising that there are no Indians at all in the list - So, I doubt if the politicians would welcome it, they hardly have any sense of humor when they are at the receiving end ! :dry:

True, in a democracy satire plays an important role but in India it is accepted with ill humor, politicians and general public in India has still matured to accept satire for its role. Remember the scene from 3 idiots, the chief guest enjoying the goof up by Chatur a lot when it turns on him, he gets upset and leaves immediately?

LOL...Yes I do remember that scene, 3 idiots was a great film ! many of our films in fact, lack clean humor because they are always making fun of people with deformities and expect the audience to appreciate it..

Movie is movie but politician don't like that some write any satire on them. One movie Kissa Kursi Ka banned by congress government.

Congress is a champion party when it comes to banning things that has even a small resemblance to " the family members" it is ridiculous - they banned Aandhi too which they felt was very close to Indira Gandhis life..and they call themselves secular and democratic !

Yes that was one good movie which went through all those hassles! :blink: These people behave like kids in a kindergarten who snatch things from others and when their things get snatched, the kick and yell and create a big ruckus. :evil: :woohoo:

During emergency this film was banned but after viewing Indira ji uplifted bane from this beautiful movie.

That really sums it up well, they are like kids who throw tantrums at the slightest reason....what a pathetic lot we have for leaders !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now it appears that our leaders excel in metaphors, hyperbole, simile, satire and what not. Digvijay Singh commented on a lady that she is 'Tunch mal', meaning that she is very fit and capable. But this is slang in local language and is in bad light. Many including BJP have criticized Digvijay Singh. But irony is that the lady is happy with comment as this is in praise of her capability and talent. May be the lady is south Indian and so does not bother about the slang.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/congress-defends-digvijaya-singhs-remarks-on-meenakshi-natarajan/articleshow/21384169.cms

From the context in which Digvijay compared himself as an old jewerller, and adept at the art of knowing the difference between pure and impure gold, described Meenakshi Natarajan as 'tunch maal' or a pure gold. What’s wrong with it ? BJP is making noise for nothing.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
From the context in which Digvijay compared himself as an old jewerller, and adept at the art of knowing the difference between pure and impure gold, described Meenakshi Natarajan as 'tunch maal' or a pure gold. What’s wrong with it ? BJP is making noise for nothing.

Thank you. 'Tunch mall' could mean differently in another context. But as rightly explained, 'tunch mal' means pure gold. Thus Digvijay singh meant that Meenakshi natrajan is a perfect person. Meenakshi is also happy with this praise. So matter ends. Others have only bad meaning in mind because they have evil minds who understand only bad meaning.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Thank you. 'Tunch mall' could mean differently in another context. But as rightly explained, 'tunch mal' means pure gold. Thus Digvijay singh meant that Meenakshi natrajan is a perfect person. Meenakshi is also happy with this praise. So matter ends. Others have only bad meaning in mind because they have evil minds who understand only bad meaning.

Evil minds can’t be satisfied and there is no need to satisfy them. Because, they see “ gaali “ even if you chant “Ram Naam.”
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.