Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is a trend towards privatization. In U.S.A., even there are private prisons. This trend is now in other countries also. should this concept not be introduced in India also. We have shortage of space and facilities in govt. prisons. Will this not be solved if prisons system is privatized?

http://world.time.com/2013/08/23/crime-pays-at-least-if-youre-a-private-prison-operator/

India have this system. These are called open jail. In this jail prisoners can live with his family. It is situated in my district.
There is a trend towards privatization. In U.S.A., even there are private prisons. This trend is now in other countries also. should this concept not be introduced in India also. We have shortage of space and facilities in govt. prisons. Will this not be solved if prisons system is privatized?

http://world.time.com/2013/08/23/crime-pays-at-least-if-youre-a-private-prison-operator/

India have this system. These are called open jail. In this jail prisoners can live with his family. It is situated in my district.

But these are not privately owned. These are meant for lifers who live there and spend their lives doing normal duties including different jobs and agricultural activities. there are many open jails in many states but under governmental control.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

A good measure that can be considered in a country like India. But my doubt is, a prisoner will have certain rights in government jails. Will they be there in Private prisons also ? This is the criticism the private prisons in the USA are facing.

The private jails will also be licensed by government and will work according to jail manual as prescribed.

Hmm. My question is why to increase prisons , rather we should think about decreasing crime.. private won't ge that goo until govt. Keep an eye on them.

It’s obvious that the government chooses the easiest way. Because of the government’s inability to control the crime, the immediate and obvious option, “Increase the jails” has been chosen.

But what advantage privatization will bring ? Will they give better punishments ? And also will the judge be seperate or will it be govt. decision only and private is only suppose to put them in jail..

I think you missed the point, it is like government is planning to bring certain departments under private management. System will be same but prisons will be owned and managed by private companies like tatas and Birlas. maybe Ambanis find it a good business opportunity.

The idea is to create extra space to ease the already crowded prisons in a country. . All the other things and powers lie with the governments. Even the administration norms will be in accordance with the government laid out norms be it Ambanis or Tatas or Birlas if this is introduced in India.

Open jail is not same as 'private jail'. The open jail is also owned and managed by govt. A 'private jail' is one owned and managed by private party under contract with government. We do not have such system presently nor there is any move. I have just floated an idea in the forum.

I feel that the idea if adopted will be subject to all procedure that is now for other activities. There will be tenders and lowest tender would be accepted. The selected jail contractor will also have to to pay 'commission' as other contractors do. There will be another department like labor and there will be periodical inspection by govt. inspectors to see condition in private jail. Such inspectors will also give favorable report on payment of monthly or quarterly kickback.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is just like ISI certification. for certain goods and commodities. They fix the standards. Whosoever is capable of maintaining the standards or norms stipulated by ISI will be allowed to use the ISI standard seal.. With that ISI will not wash off its hands. It conducts periodical checking of the manufacturing unit and verify they are in accordance with their stipulated norms. Private Prisons also run in the same lines.
It is just like ISI certification. for certain goods and commodities. They fix the standards. Whosoever is capable of maintaining the standards or norms stipulated by ISI will be allowed to use the ISI standard seal.. With that ISI will not wash off its hands. It conducts periodical checking of the manufacturing unit and verify they are in accordance with their stipulated norms. Private Prisons also run in the same lines.

Please bigbro, replace ISI with ISO for two reasons, one- I am in ISO certification and going for advance diploma course currently in Australia and 2- ISI sounds like Pakistani secret service that can create confusion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Please bigbro, replace ISI with ISO for two reasons, one- I am in ISO certification and going for advance diploma course currently in Australia and 2- ISI sounds like Pakistani secret service that can create confusion.

Its Indian standards institution from The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs like AGMARK. Its much older than ISO
It is a completely unique topic, private prison, means advent of privatization of jails, it needs to be police reform, ours police act is of before 1857, that was done by British to curb revolution and that act still exists, Now, Odisha government have introduced police reform act, I hope all the states should reform this act in order to make police people friendly, privatization of prisons can be one such option. :side:

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is a completely unique topic, private prison, means advent of privatization of jails, it needs to be police reform, ours police act is of before 1857, that was done by British to curb revolution and that act still exists, Now, Odisha government have introduced police reform act, I hope all the states should reform this act in order to make police people friendly, privatization of prisons can be one such option. :side:

Efforts are on to make the police administration people friendly in some states, Such moves were mooted earlier in AP also especially in Vizag where I live. Yes private prisons are the products of new wave thinking and such concepts are worth trying in India also provided corruption is kept at bay.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.