Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This very true...I guess to a certain extent it is both biological and societal since it gets imbeded in male minds that they are superior and have to remain so...Things are slowly changing but in middle classes it is still the same where a wife can only have so much of freedom as far as money is concerned.Even if she is earning more she is supposed to let her husband take over once the money reaches home..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But this is not about India. This is universal problem.

Society is less or more male dominent in whole word and some traditions are common. After marriage girl quite house of her father and use surname of husband every where. I never seen that husband is use surname of wife after marriage. But time are changed, now husband know it that if wife progress and earn more than it is good for whole family.
This very true...I guess to a certain extent it is both biological and societal since it gets imbeded in male minds that they are superior and have to remain so...Things are slowly changing but in middle classes it is still the same where a wife can only have so much of freedom as far as money is concerned.Even if she is earning more she is supposed to let her husband take over once the money reaches home..

That is true and that is one of the reasons man doesn't mind how much his wife is earning. It is the man who is earning it indirectly, even if his wife is earning more than him. So there are very few cases of jealousy or bad feelings in Indian society. This could of course be true for western countries where such feelings are common because men do not OWN their women and the money they bring.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.