Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think what goes by the name of Indian culture is a product of influences of cultures of numerous lands over a span of a few thousand years and it is not necessary to name any particular one. Given to the syncretic nature of Indian culture it would be more apt to call it a 'Melting Pot' of cultures!!
You have left out Bangladesh sir, They have as much claim on Indus valley as India and Nepal or Tibet or China. I should have added Afghanistan also in the list.

It is not about their claim. It is about our claim. Is the ancient culture of those countries Indian?

If they were part of greater India (Pakistan, Bangladesh etc) our claim has more weightage.

No Sunil, Afghanistan was never part of India, though Maharaj Ranjeet Singh won Afghanistan and Raja Vikirama Aditya also ruled on Afghanistan.

Neither were Tibet or China, that is why I have not added these countries in India directly but they can have claims on Indus valley.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Pakistan is the deprived child of India and Nepal is officially the Hindu state. I am sure there are a lot of similarities between all these three nations. That is why they share a lot of similar culture. And yes, Indus belongs to all of us. After all, it is a natural source of water.

You are points are to the point but you missed that Nepal is no more a Hindu state any more. They have declared Nepal as secular state for some time now.

Ohh, I indeed missed that. When did they declare that? I didn't have any idea about that.
Maurisus is the only declared Hindu state, Nepal becomes secular after communist ruled there.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
Pakistan is the deprived child of India and Nepal is officially the Hindu state. I am sure there are a lot of similarities between all these three nations. That is why they share a lot of similar culture. And yes, Indus belongs to all of us. After all, it is a natural source of water.

You are points are to the point but you missed that Nepal is no more a Hindu state any more. They have declared Nepal as secular state for some time now.

Ohh, I indeed missed that. When did they declare that? I didn't have any idea about that.
Maurisus is the only declared Hindu state, Nepal becomes secular after communist ruled there.

Now this is new to me again - Mauritius is a Hindu state? So it means before Nepal went secular, there were two official Hindu states in the world???
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
There are many countries, though they are not declared as Hindu states, where Hinduism is widely practiced with a considerable number of Hindus. They are Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States.

Nepal ceased to be a Hindu state after ouster of monarchy there.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are many countries, though they are not declared as Hindu states, where Hinduism is widely practiced with a considerable number of Hindus. They are Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States.

I am surprised to see inclusion of few names and also not finding names of a few other countries where number of Hindus live happier life than countries mentioned above where they have no rights, not even basic civilian rights. Talking about practicing Hinduism will be too much in couple of places mentioned above.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.