:( One man is in jail for making jokes on Sikhs- popularly known as Sardarji jokes. There are jokes on other communities- Marwaris, Jats etc also. Now there is no tolerance and sense of humor is also absent. I have a Sikh friend on Facebook who himself cuts Sardarji jokes.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/man-jailed-for-cracking-offensive-sikh-jokes-062348671.html

We often cuts jokes on army persons, professionals. There are also jokes on henpecked husbands. We don't know who may be sent to jail for any such joke.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think this may be the first such incident ever happened. Most of the jokes that we tend to post or share are usually innocent and clean ones but this man who has been jailed may have overdone it a bit too much and may have been doing it only to insult the offended man. Yet, we must take care to see that we do not go overboard and start a trend of posting only such types of jokes. Thanks for sharing the link!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

:( One man is in jail for making jokes on Sikhs- popularly known as Sardarji jokes. There are jokes on other communities- Marwaris, Jats etc also. Now there is no tolerance and sense of humor is also absent. I have a Sikh friend on Facebook who himself cuts Sardarji jokes.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/man-jailed-for-cracking-offensive-sikh-jokes-062348671.html

We often cuts jokes on army persons, professionals. There are also jokes on henpecked husbands. We don't know who may be sent to jail for any such joke.

Yes I agree, most jokes on sardars are started by sardars only because they know how to laugh on themselves. No one, in fact like others do it publicly especially, if he is not on the scene.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
When Mehmood enacted in many films donning a south Indian lungi and making fun of the Hindi accents of the south Indians , everybody including south Indians enjoyed. No one took it as an offence. Sardar Khushwant Singh used to write sardar jokes. So what else is left now ? I think I cannot breathe now. Someone may complain that I'm imitating his breathing and ridiculing him.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, usha manohar
When Mehmood enacted in many innumerable donning a south Indian lungi and making fun of the Hindi accents of the south Indians , everybody including south Indians enjoyed. No one took it as an offence. Sardar Khushwant Singh used to write sardar jokes. So what else is left now ? I think I cannot breathe now. Someone may complain that I'm imitating his breathing and ridiculing him.

Sardar Khushwant Singh was a sardar himself if I am not mistaken please?

When Mehmood enacted in many innumerable donning a south Indian lungi and making fun of the Hindi accents of the south Indians , everybody including south Indians enjoyed. No one took it as an offence. Sardar Khushwant Singh used to write sardar jokes. So what else is left now ? I think I cannot breathe now. Someone may complain that I'm imitating his breathing and ridiculing him.

I know sardar Khushwaant Singh is sardar. Being a sardar, he has written volumes of jokes on sardars. And that's the point I highlighted that throws light on his sense of humor and his ability to laugh at himself.

Khushwant Singh is a learned journalist. He was in Indian Foreign service also. He is above ninety years age, still enjoys drink. He is also romantic type. He was once editor of Illustrated weekly of India. Of course, he is a prominent Sikh. He has no firm belief in God. He says he is agnostic (one who is neither a believer nor disbeliever).

Khushwant Singh is a learned journalist. He was in Indian Foreign service also. He is above ninety years age, still enjoys drink. He is also romantic type. He was once editor of Illustrated weekly of India. Of course, he is a prominent Sikh. He has no firm belief in God. He says he is agnostic (one who is neither a believer nor disbeliever).

I agree with you. I heard a story about his strict adherence to time. Everyday, he shuts his doors exactly at 7 pm . And he sits with his favorite Scotch and soda. And during this time he never allowed anyone to disturb him. Once Sanjay Gandhi was denied entry to his home because he tapped the door of Sardar after 7pm.
This was revealed by him in Illustrated weekly when he was the editor.

I have 3 volumes of his joke books compiled and edited by him. The collection contains a plethora of jokes cracked on Sardars.

I read Illustrated Weekly for his "With Malice towards One and All" and had it not been for his boasting and over described affairs with women, he could have been there among the top journalists in the world. As far his joke books, these seriously lacked humor part that was specialty of Sardar Khushwant sing once. I can appreciate him for his travel writing but not content which he used for his self promotion.

I read Illustrated Weekly for his "With Malice towards One and All" and had it not been for his boasting and over described affairs with women, he could have been there among the top journalists in the world. As far his joke books, these seriously lacked humor part that was specialty of Sardar Khushwant sing once. I can appreciate him for his travel writing but not content which he used for his self promotion.

His train to Pakistan has been acknowledged as the best in its class by the world literary community. And I'd like to emphasize here,that he has carved a niche for himself in both journalistic and literary field. And that's in tact even now.
His " with malice towards one and all" is a syndicated column used by 60 news papers all over the world.

His train to Pakistan has been acknowledged as the best in its class by the world literary community. And I'd like to emphasize here,that he has carved a niche for himself in both journalistic and literary field. And that's in tact even now.
His " with malice towards one and all" is a syndicated column used by 60 news papers all over the world.

'Malice towards one and all' is also enjoyed by Hindi readers. I've many times read Hindi version titled as 'Na kahoo se dosti na kahoo se vair'.

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.