Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Since Gandhi comes from Gujrat Modi probably has more than enough or as much right as any of us to take Gandhis name ! There are no dearth of Satans and demons in the congress party including their high command..

I would not want to see Gandhi monopolized by any party, state or any particular thought. He was for everyone, whatever he gave to this country. Good and bad are part of the deal, if congress thinks Gandhi was instrumental in freedom of India, creation of Pakistan was part of the deal. Are they ready to accept it?

Gandhi belongs to the entire world. Many international luminaries were inspired by Martin Luther King to Obama to Malala by his thoughts. Let Diggy fight for the copy rights violation with them.

Actually Diggy has not stated thet 'Gandhi' is a brand name. This is just my question in the thread. He objected to use of 'Gandhi' name by Modi as he feels that RSS/ sangh Pariwar are fascists and anti Gandhian. It is also believed that Gandhi was killed by communal forces. So, it is astonishing that communal forces use Gandhi name. But how can you stop them. Even Satan can quote scripture to prove his point.

Even though communal forces killed Gandhi, it was due to his role in the partition of country which was opposed by those factions. Those factions did not oppose Gandhi because they disliked his stand on dividing the country and not his philosophy. And in any case, like you mentioned even Satan can quote from scriptures and there can be no copyrights on any person including Gandhi!

Mahatma Gandhi did not favor partition. Once he even said that Partition of the country could be only over his dead body. But ultimately he gave in.

He gave in too easily and too quickly, that was the problem!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Since Gandhi comes from Gujrat Modi probably has more than enough or as much right as any of us to take Gandhis name ! There are no dearth of Satans and demons in the congress party including their high command..

I would not want to see Gandhi monopolized by any party, state or any particular thought. He was for everyone, whatever he gave to this country. Good and bad are part of the deal, if congress thinks Gandhi was instrumental in freedom of India, creation of Pakistan was part of the deal. Are they ready to accept it?

Gandhi belongs to the entire world. Many international luminaries were inspired by Martin Luther King to Obama to Malala by his thoughts. Let Diggy fight for the copy rights violation with them.

Actually Diggy has not stated thet 'Gandhi' is a brand name. This is just my question in the thread. He objected to use of 'Gandhi' name by Modi as he feels that RSS/ sangh Pariwar are fascists and anti Gandhian. It is also believed that Gandhi was killed by communal forces. So, it is astonishing that communal forces use Gandhi name. But how can you stop them. Even Satan can quote scripture to prove his point.

Even though communal forces killed Gandhi, it was due to his role in the partition of country which was opposed by those factions. Those factions did not oppose Gandhi because they disliked his stand on dividing the country and not his philosophy. And in any case, like you mentioned even Satan can quote from scriptures and there can be no copyrights on any person including Gandhi!

Mahatma Gandhi did not favor partition. Once he even said that Partition of the country could be only over his dead body. But ultimately he gave in.

There were reasns behind it, I am giving the link to an article which tells us about it, this is what his grandson Rajmohan Gandhi had to say..http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Content&sd=Articles&ArticleID=11728

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

There were reasns behind it, I am giving the link to an article which tells us about it, this is what his grandson Rajmohan Gandhi had to say..http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Content&sd=Articles&ArticleID=11728

It is hard to believe and digest that he was so easily outsmarted by the British, but of course this is written by his own ancestor so we have to say that it might be the truth :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.