Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Such proverbs were created by man itself to precise his meaning. So many proverbs were not their in ancient time. They have many other things to do rather than to talk and expand grammar.

Proverbs are as old as human civilization. One can find them in plenty in the Hindu and other religious scriptures.
All these proverbs are full of wisdom but one needs some wisdom to get their right meaning.

You said it Xavier! If people looked at only their literal meaning, then there would be more chaos than anything wise, so I think only the wise can really understand the wisdom behind such proverbs! :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

All these proverbs are full of wisdom but one needs some wisdom to get their right meaning.
Absolutely, one needs wisdom to get the right meaning, if used properly all these can decorise writings and speaking, it enhances the beauty of communication.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Absolutely, one needs wisdom to get the right meaning, if used properly all these can decorise writings and speaking, it enhances the beauty of communication.

Idioms, proverbs and figures of speech are treated as the tools to embellish language. Right usage gives an edge to the writer.
Such proverbs were created by man itself to precise his meaning. So many proverbs were not their in ancient time. They have many other things to do rather than to talk and expand grammar.

Proverbs are as old as human civilization. One can find them in plenty in the Hindu and other religious scriptures.

I agree with you but proverbs came into full use in languages with the birth of grammar book. The stone age or the ancient Vedic age people don't know the proverbs.

I agree with you but proverbs came into full use in languages with the birth of grammar book. The stone age or the ancient Vedic age people don't know the proverbs.

See Geeta. It will clear your doubt about the existence of proverbs in religious scriptures of Vedic age or mythological age.
Why we write "Pro" before "verbs"? What does it mean?
Why we write "Pro" before "verbs"? What does it mean?

Proverb is a single word. Not a combination of two words pro and verb. It's literal meaning is a well known saying or truth said in a short form.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.