Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends the pickles of chicken and mutton is mostly prepared by the Muslims. They have secret recipe which they don't share with others.

I don't think so. In my stat AP chicken Pickles are prepared in almost all non - Muslim communities.

Pickles are famous or rather Andhra is known for its tasty pickles.I too have eaten some non veg pickles, just the gravy since I dont eat meat, and it was really tasty ..

Andhra's topography and a long coastline makes it possible to get a rich variety of both sea and river fish. Here the most sought after pickle is made of dry fish. The fish is known as " Korra Meenu." these pickles are available in Bangalore, where there are quite a good number of Andhra restaurants.

I must try that out, we too have many dushes made from dry fish, chutneys and dry curries which are all very tasty and are very popular.Most of the Mangalorean restaurants in Mumbai and other places serve these dishes but we have no fish pickles except shrimp and mussel pickles !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Friends the pickles of chicken and mutton is mostly prepared by the Muslims. They have secret recipe which they don't share with others.

I don't think so. In my stat AP chicken Pickles are prepared in almost all non - Muslim communities.

Pickles are famous or rather Andhra is known for its tasty pickles.I too have eaten some non veg pickles, just the gravy since I dont eat meat, and it was really tasty ..

Andhra's topography and a long coastline makes it possible to get a rich variety of both sea and river fish. Here the most sought after pickle is made of dry fish. The fish is known as " Korra Meenu." these pickles are available in Bangalore, where there are quite a good number of Andhra restaurants.

I must try that out, we too have many dushes made from dry fish, chutneys and dry curries which are all very tasty and are very popular.Most of the Mangalorean restaurants in Mumbai and other places serve these dishes but we have no fish pickles except shrimp and mussel pickles !

If you love dry fish, ( many don't like )' you should try. If you go to Bangalore next time you can find Andhra hotels in Marthahalli.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

If you love dry fish, ( many don't like )' you should try. If you go to Bangalore next time you can find Andhra hotels in Marthahalli.

There are many Andhra Hotels all over the city, in fact close to my sisters house at Kalyan Nagar there are at least 3 or 4 restaurants and some Andhra take ways too....I will definitely try it out !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are many Andhra Hotels all over the city, in fact close to my sisters house at Kalyan Nagar there are at least 3 or 4 restaurants and some Andhra take ways too....I will definitely try it out !

Most of these Andhra restaurants are from Nellore, which is located on the Karnataka and Tamilnadu border and famous for both veg and non - veg delicacies .
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Visually appealing, these pickles must be quite a treat for people who eat non-veg stuff!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I know about prawn pickles. But , I listened first time about chicken and mutton pickles.
Nice sharing of various non-vegetarian pickles. I definitely try it.

Be positive
I know about prawn pickles. But , I listened first time about chicken and mutton pickles.
Nice sharing of various non-vegetarian pickles. I definitely try it.

Different places are famous for different pickles. In my place where sea food is abundantly available pickles are made from dry fish. And they are doing brisk business and exporting them too.
Here are some non veg pickles manufactured in India, especially Kerala.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/9-irresistible-non-veg-pickles-from-across-india-slideshow/

I was in Kerala for sometime and yes the non veg pickles are tasty there, especially fish pickles. You can't get the same taste in other states.

Mala Jaiswar
Here are some non veg pickles manufactured in India, especially Kerala.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/9-irresistible-non-veg-pickles-from-across-india-slideshow/

I was in Kerala for sometime and yes the non veg pickles are tasty there, especially fish pickles. You can't get the same taste in other states.

Its not that you wont get fish pickles in other states.We in AP not only make fish pickles we export them as well. Yes tastes differ according to the local tastes and availability of spices.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.