Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I know about National Youth day but cannot aware that on Birthday of Swami Vivekanand is celebrated as "National youth day"

Actually he is the best example for the youths to be like him. He lived simple and disciplines life of a sage, away from all sorts of worldly pleasures and mischief. He preferred peace rather than violence. And many other reasons are there because of which the youngsters in Kolkata and in South India preferred him a lot.

You are right. Vivekananda led a simple life and advocated that righteous path is the only way to lead a happy life. Above all Vivekananda through his powerful speeches influenced many foreigners. He's responsible in erasing all the misconceptions people had. about Hinduism

Yes because of his glory and virtues, he became very famous and loved by all. He is idol of many young hearts all over the world.

His speech in the WORLD PARLIAMENT OF RELIGION, CHICAGO, made the entire world turn and look towards Hinduism with a new perspective. And his speech has become one of the 10 best speeches in the world.

It is therefore because of him take Hinduism got platform at the international level. His teaching was adopted by the people belonging to other religion also. Many foreigners came and settled in India and many changed their religion. They become Hindu and started praying Lord Vishu and followed the 'Sanatan Dharma'.
I know about National Youth day but cannot aware that on Birthday of Swami Vivekanand is celebrated as "National youth day"

Actually he is the best example for the youths to be like him. He lived simple and disciplines life of a sage, away from all sorts of worldly pleasures and mischief. He preferred peace rather than violence. And many other reasons are there because of which the youngsters in Kolkata and in South India preferred him a lot.

You are right. Vivekananda led a simple life and advocated that righteous path is the only way to lead a happy life. Above all Vivekananda through his powerful speeches influenced many foreigners. He's responsible in erasing all the misconceptions people had. about Hinduism

Yes because of his glory and virtues, he became very famous and loved by all. He is idol of many young hearts all over the world.

His speech in the WORLD PARLIAMENT OF RELIGION, CHICAGO, made the entire world turn and look towards Hinduism with a new perspective. And his speech has become one of the 10 best speeches in the world.

It is therefore because of him take Hinduism got platform at the international level. His teaching was adopted by the people belonging to other religion also. Many foreigners came and settled in India and many changed their religion. They become Hindu and started praying Lord Vishu and followed the 'Sanatan Dharma'.

True. Vivekananda is true icon of youth.
Yesterday was the 151th birthday of Swami Vivekananda. His birthday is celebrated as the "National Youth Day" in India. Here is a link about his life -
http://hinduism.about.com/b/2014/01/10/swami-vivekananda.htm

Vivekananda was one of the top spiritual leaders of all time. His teachings are impressive. A magnetic personality, he was the storehouse of vedantic knowledge free from the shackles of unwanted idol worship and rituals which is the core of Hinduism. His teachings have impressed westerners too. I have visited Vivekananda rock at kanyakumari, his statue there is magnificent.

Mala Jaiswar
Yesterday was the 151th birthday of Swami Vivekananda. His birthday is celebrated as the "National Youth Day" in India. Here is a link about his life -
http://hinduism.about.com/b/2014/01/10/swami-vivekananda.htm

Vivekananda was one of the top spiritual leaders of all time. His teachings are impressive. A magnetic personality, he was the storehouse of vedantic knowledge free from the shackles of unwanted idol worship and rituals which is the core of Hinduism. His teachings have impressed westerners too. I have visited Vivekananda rock at kanyakumari, his statue there is magnificent.

Vivekananda through his speeches in India and abroad especially through his speech in parliament of religions in Chicago created an indelible mark on the hearts of the people of other religions. He's responsible in showing Hinduism in a new light.
In this 21st century, we need the people like Swami Vivekananda. His teachings have changed mind of many worst people. Even good people became the best. I wish that Government should add a subject in schools at the primary standard regarding the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
In this 21st century, we need the people like Swami Vivekananda. His teachings have changed mind of many worst people. Even good people became the best. I wish that Government should add a subject in schools at the primary standard regarding the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.

The life of Vivekananda and his teachings are already part of the curriculum of educational institutions
Vivekananda is still an inspiration and role model for the youth.

Swami Vivekananda is relevant in all ages and times. He's a source of inspiration to both youth and elders.

Swami Vivekananda is relevant in all ages and times. He's a source of inspiration to both youth and elders.

Youth power is the ultimate power. Our youth must follow such great person Swami Vivekananda.

Youth power is the ultimate power. Our youth must follow such great person Swami Vivekananda.

That is just wishful thinking ! I see many of our youth getting attracted to everything that is anti social and anti establishment ...I guess it is a phase that the society is going through and we can only hope that life comes a full circle and we see some solid qualities in our youth ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.