Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Education is awakening. Awakening the still to be unearthed dormant traits. Not that learning by rote like a machine.
Education cannot be just a process of acquiring information. This must ebnabvle creative and original thought process and build good citizens.

@ Abhishek Dass

Yes a degree can never teach you to be a good human being. A degree is just a pieces of paper that you can show others as a proof that you passed a subject

Nowadays we see school syllabus to a certain extent includes practical work and also students are given some projects where they need to refer independently ...But the problem here is that the teachers themselves are not equipped to open out and give a free hand to the students .As a result they expect the srudents to refer so and so books and come up with such and such details :huh: , not really helpful at all in building creativity !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes a teacher plays an important role in a student's education. The school teachers are also under a lot of pressure. They have to complete the syllabus in time. They are unable to be creative in their teaching methods.
A gem from the great man who was supremely competent to comment on it!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10977]}

Education should make one realize one's responsibilities and make responsible citizen.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Education is awakening. Awakening the still to be unearthed dormant traits. Not that learning by rote like a machine.

Yes you are rightly explaining education. Education cannot means to learn a thing just like a machine. You have to understand the lesson. It will remain with your forever.
Real education leads you as if a child is led by his parent all through the life.Real education makes you enthusiastic, widens your outlook and above all teaches application in the most effective way.
Real education leads you as if a child is led by his parent all through the life.Real education makes you enthusiastic, widens your outlook and above all teaches application in the most effective way.

Yes knowledge is power. But I think only gaining knowledge is useless. Knowledge should be applied in real life. So I guess "Applied knowledge" is the real power.

Yes knowledge is power. But I think only gaining knowledge is useless. Knowledge should be applied in real life. So I guess "Applied knowledge" is the real power.

Very true ! Education should be such that it is able to enhance our lives not remain book knowledge and long degrees...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As an example, a student learn by rote all the mathematical tables prescribed by the curriculum . When it comes to application of this knowledge to real life students are drawing a flak . a simple example. 2x2 is equal to 4 is the knowledge. Application is the cost of 2 oranges at the rate of Rs.2 each is Rs.4.. This application is lacking in today's student.

As an example, a student learn by rote all the mathematical tables prescribed by the curriculum . When it comes to application of this knowledge to real life students are drawing a flak . a simple example. 2x2 is equal to 4 is the knowledge. Application is the cost of 2 oranges at the rate of Rs.2 each is Rs.4.. This application is lacking in today's student.

Yes that's a good example. Children are only taught theory in schools. They don't know anything about it's practical application.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.