Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is circus season in Indian politics is on!! Kejriwals, Annas all have graciously joined to provide you fun and mirth in ample measure. The prince has suddenly realized the worth of women, the baneful corrosive power of corruption in the last month of his government's misrule and more sardonically answered the question by fielding Pawan Bansal!!! BJP's sermonizing demi -gods see no problem in dealing with corruption by fielding Yeddurirappa!! Mamata has promised to flood the field with all actors by turning to Shakespearean advise that what the whole is after all if not a stage!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Let us only hope that people reject Pawan Bansal, Yedurappa and others like that. If people still elect these 'gentlemen', let us stop complaining. after all voters/ citizens are king.

The option of not voting or using 'NOTA' is of no help. Some candidate will certainly be elected. Moreover, we have to choose between parties and not individuals so that some party or alliance gets majority. The aim of elections is to form a government at the center and voting any way without keeping this in mind is futile.

You have rightly mentioned that the option of not voting at all is of no help. Like most of the citizen I am also disappointed with the way the politicians are taking the citizen for a ride. However, not voting at all would only increase the probability of the most unsuitable candidate being elected as whether one votes or not, one of the candidate is bound to be elected. So, I believe that it is better to vote the most suitable candidates available.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
It is circus season in Indian politics is on!! Kejriwals, Annas all have graciously joined to provide you fun and mirth in ample measure. The prince has suddenly realized the worth of women, the baneful corrosive power of corruption in the last month of his government's misrule and more sardonically answered the question by fielding Pawan Bansal!!! BJP's sermonizing demi -gods see no problem in dealing with corruption by fielding Yeddurirappa!! Mamata has promised to flood the field with all actors by turning to Shakespearean advise that what the whole is after all if not a stage!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Let us only hope that people reject Pawan Bansal, Yedurappa and others like that. If people still elect these 'gentlemen', let us stop complaining. after all voters/ citizens are king.

The option of not voting or using 'NOTA' is of no help. Some candidate will certainly be elected. Moreover, we have to choose between parties and not individuals so that some party or alliance gets majority. The aim of elections is to form a government at the center and voting any way without keeping this in mind is futile.
I agree with "NOTA". it is futile attempt, to go to voting center and vote for nothing, in my state, both center and state election simultaneously, many a times, I feel, though I may wrong with this perception, corruption is a issue for media, people on ground vote for what they like and for the leader who works best. Odisha model of development, is development with force, if you do not support the local govt, then ordinary citizens are falling prey to powers, but people will vote back the same govt because, it works on ground level. it is a political circus, and it will be enjoyable, though we have seen circus in Dhoom 3 but that failed to attract attention.

http://mohanmekap.com/

So very true......the Great Indian Circus has just begun and I suggest all the spoilsports to remain locked in the house and not spoil the fun for others! :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo: and after the very recent circus that Kejriwal and his supporters carried on throughout Mumbai, proves that the fun is going to multiply many times more this year than previously!

I watched unique show of the AAP workers in Mumbai. They were singing some inspiring songs with instrumental music. One song favorite to Kejriwal is 'insaan ka insaan se ho bhaichara yehi paigaam hamaara."
As long as they do not cause nusiance to traffic and violence, all is okay. But during recent Kejriwal's visit, damage and violence by AAP supporter/ workers is also reported. I only hope that they do not attack Shiva Sena or MNS office. If they do so, they will learn lesson in a very hard way.

Oh they are too cunning to get involved with the Sena or the MNS that way! ;) Those songs are now anything but inspiring and I hope you watched them perform a number of dances on other similar songs! Much to my chagrin though, most TV channels preferred to focus cameras on young ladies dancing on those songs! :woohoo: Really thankful that AAP did not pick up more popular songs from Bollywood! :woohoo:

LOLLLL...Just imagine Shiela ki jawani , munni badnam huyi :P ....They go for all the classical songs and do their circus which is as bad ...spoiling the dignity of the beautiful songs of yester years ! :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I would vehemently yet politely assert that the right to refuse exercise my voting rights in favor of any candidate whom I find doing so to be criminal!! The right to exercise NOTA is not a brainchild of a person with imperfect education like me but that of the highest court of the land!! So don't express too freely and wantonly on this subject to pretend to be learned! Just think of a hypothetical situation where each of these so-called mainstream political parties select is a rank turncoat, a history-sheeter, a despicable opportunist or a rapist. What do you do? Nota - the only answer! ;) ;) ;) ;)
I would vehemently yet politely assert that the right to refuse exercise my voting rights in favor of any candidate whom I find doing so to be criminal!! The right to exercise NOTA is not a brainchild of a person with imperfect education like me but that of the highest court of the land!! So don't express too freely and wantonly on this subject to pretend to be learned! Just think of a hypothetical situation where each of these so-called mainstream political parties select is a rank turncoat, a history-sheeter, a despicable opportunist or a rapist. What do you do? Nota - the only answer! ;) ;) ;) ;)

The hypothetical situation that you have given is very scary indeed. But I have a doubt. I would be genuinely grateful if anyone with a better knowledge could enlighten me. If I am not mistaken even if the highest number of the voters opted for NOTA and the candidate with the next highest number of the votes get at least one sixth of the valid vote, then that candidate automatically gets elected. Correct me if i am wrong. So taking your hypothetical situation a little further. Suppose 120 of the valid votes were cast and 90 were in favour of NOTA and let us say that one of the candidate may be your history sheeter gets 20 while the remaining 10 votes are distributed among the remaining candidates, so what happens in that case?? I mean is a new election conducted? If not that how does the NOTA option benefit the society except to show that the majority of the voters do not approve any of the candidates??
True, morning or evening and Sunday or Monday, full of entertainment comes to us without much to pay. Who said to him, what comment one made for others and how the leaders are behaving, every points become an interesting part. Yes, if one want to get lots of laugh, should watch the daily news and the face of our leaders.

Regards

Jeets

The hypothetical situation that you have given is very scary indeed. But I have a doubt. I would be genuinely grateful if anyone with a better knowledge could enlighten me. If I am not mistaken even if the highest number of the voters opted for NOTA and the candidate with the next highest number of the votes get at least one sixth of the valid vote, then that candidate automatically gets elected. Correct me if i am wrong. So taking your hypothetical situation a little further. Suppose 120 of the valid votes were cast and 90 were in favour of NOTA and let us say that one of the candidate may be your history sheeter gets 20 while the remaining 10 votes are distributed among the remaining candidates, so what happens in that case?? I mean is a new election conducted? If not that how does the NOTA option benefit the society except to show that the majority of the voters do not approve any of the candidates??

In a highly unlikely scenario like this which I would welcome in absolute delight - a re-election would be the natural and logical corollary, it is based on my understanding of the Supreme Court ruling on the issue. You can not stir the slumbers of leaders of political parties who dare to field scum of society to insult your intelligence,dignity and education as a voter in any other possible manner!! Let NOTA come in a big way in Indian elections!!

In a highly unlikely scenario like this which I would welcome in absolute delight - a re-election would be the natural and logical corollary, it is based on my understanding of the Supreme Court ruling on the issue. You can not stir the slumbers of leaders of political parties who dare to field scum of society to insult your intelligence,dignity and education as a voter in any other possible manner!! Let NOTA come in a big way in Indian elections!!

Jabeen has indeed broght in a valid point which I too had been thinking about ! If such a scenario happens where the NOTA is the winner, a re election with fresh and hopefully better candidates would be conducted. In my own constituency the candidates from all parties are good but in a general election the party they represent also matters unlike in the state elections..at least thats my perception! Either way this elction might be a turning point in the Indian political history.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

NOTA option simply records the option that no candidate is acceptable. Not exercising vote and voting NOTA have same affect. How many votes NOTA gets is irrelevant to election of candidate. In the hypothetical case, the history sheeter getting twenty votes is elected. To argue further, suppose that history sheeter were the only candidate, he would be declared elected unopposed without voting.

I feel that the option like NOTA (none of the above), recall of the elected member etc are simply useless and do not strengthen democracy. The purpose of election is to elect somebody from the candidates for representing the constitutency and forming government. If some people are so wise that for them every candidate is bad, I wonder why these 'wise' men are no so wise as to nominate some good candidate and vote for him.

I may here again clarify that supreme Court has not actually introduced 'NOTA. This was already there but a voter had to fill a form to enable him to exercise the option of rejecting all candidates. The supreme Court held that this procedure would go against the principle of secrecy of ballot and hence directed that the oiption should be on ballot form itself.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I have never seen the kind of mud slinging that is taking place any time in the past.It is getting murkier and dirtier by the day.I sincerely hope that there is no violence and the circus gets limited to verbal duel only since it is the innocent people who suffer and the polliticians who are the reason behind the act get away with everything..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.