Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now Translators should be in greater demand if the ministers and other BJP leaders follow P.M.'s example. The P.M. talked to foreign dinitaries in Hindi. The oficers had to tanslate some part for benefot of the foreign dignitaries.

http://news.oneindia.in/new-delhi/pm-narendra-modi-speaks-to-foreign-dignitaries-in-hindi-1455538.html

All European heads of State and some Asian heads speak in their language when they visit other countries or when other digniteries visit them, and I dont see anything wrong with it, better than speaking with an accent that no one follows like our earlier Madame did..

I don't see anything wrong at all!! If my memory serves me right Mr Vajpayee as PM set a precedent by addressing at the UN in Hindi!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Now Translators should be in greater demand if the ministers and other BJP leaders follow P.M.'s example. The P.M. talked to foreign dinitaries in Hindi. The oficers had to tanslate some part for benefot of the foreign dignitaries.

http://news.oneindia.in/new-delhi/pm-narendra-modi-speaks-to-foreign-dignitaries-in-hindi-1455538.html

All European heads of State and some Asian heads speak in their language when they visit other countries or when other digniteries visit them, and I dont see anything wrong with it, better than speaking with an accent that no one follows like our earlier Madame did..

I don't see anything wrong at all!! If my memory serves me right Mr Vajpayee as PM set a precedent by addressing at the UN in Hindi!!

This is correct. Vajpayee spoke in Hindi for the first time in a formal address in U.N.O. Of course, there is nothing wrong in speaking in English or Hindi. It is contents and not language that matters.
It gives me pleasure to read chinmoy after a very long gap.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

This is correct. Vajpayee spoke in Hindi for the first time in a formal address in U.N.O. Of course, there is nothing wrong in speaking in English or Hindi. It is contents and not language that matters.
It gives me pleasure to read chinmoy after a very long gap.

All my pleasure, sir!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Not only Heads of state, but even the people of certain countries even when they are abroad will speak no other language except their own. When I was working in Rourkela steel plant, Odisha,, i experienced this. The collaborators were Germans. During the construction period many German experts and technicians stayed in India. I have never seen them talking with others even in technical matters in any other language except German. Indian government arranged translators for them.

Five years back I had been to Germany visiting a plant fabricating an equipment for us. Everyone I interacted with spoke correct English with a pleasant German accent. Yes some workers on the floor shop knew only a few English words. Also let us not forget that most of the European countries are single language countries unlike our country with multiple languages.

Not only Heads of state, but even the people of certain countries even when they are abroad will speak no other language except their own. When I was working in Rourkela steel plant, Odisha,, i experienced this. The collaborators were Germans. During the construction period many German experts and technicians stayed in India. I have never seen them talking with others even in technical matters in any other language except German. Indian government arranged translators for them.

Five years back I had been to Germany visiting a plant fabricating an equipment for us. Everyone I interacted with spoke correct English with a pleasant German accent. Yes some workers on the floor shop knew only a few English words. Also let us not forget that most of the European countries are single language countries unlike our country with multiple languages.

Irrespective of a country if it's a single language country or Multi language country, it's advisable to speak in a language in which one is comfortable
It seems as if we are discussing the issue in the early 1950's when English was spoken by very few and literacy levels were quite low.Today they are much higher and almost all the leaders at both state and national level know English,Hindi and their regional language. Even the very few less qualified speak English besides Hindi and their mother tongue. The insistence on speaking in a particular language smacks of a lack of confidence and/or need to dominate. A leader should talk in a language which maximum persons in the forum understand and if necessary only then use a translator. :Language is a means of communication. That is what it should be used for. The reason Vajpayee spoke in Hindi in UN was to make a point that India was now n important country which should also get a seat in the Security Council. It was to make an impact that India had arrived. Whether one likes it or not English is as good as an Indian language now.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Modi also intended to say emphatically that A Party has arrived to stay and deliver. That's why he has chosen a language in which he waS COMFOTABLE WITH.
Modi also intended to say emphatically that A Party has arrived to stay and deliver. That's why he has chosen a language in which he waS COMFOTABLE WITH.

So be it. Why is a fuss being created that he spoke in Hindi. He is comfortable in it and is perfectly entitled to speak in it. He spoke in English to an NRI gathering via satellite some time ago and it was circulated in the web. No issue at all. Thought language was the issue not Modi.

So be it. Why is a fuss being created that he spoke in Hindi. He is comfortable in it and is perfectly entitled to speak in it. He spoke in English to an NRI gathering via satellite some time ago and it was circulated in the web. No issue at all. Thought language was the issue not Modi.

Modi made it clear while talking with press that he can speak in English, but not fluent.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.