Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now Translators should be in greater demand if the ministers and other BJP leaders follow P.M.'s example. The P.M. talked to foreign dinitaries in Hindi. The oficers had to tanslate some part for benefot of the foreign dignitaries.

http://news.oneindia.in/new-delhi/pm-narendra-modi-speaks-to-foreign-dignitaries-in-hindi-1455538.html

All European heads of State and some Asian heads speak in their language when they visit other countries or when other digniteries visit them, and I dont see anything wrong with it, better than speaking with an accent that no one follows like our earlier Madame did..

Not only Heads of state, but even the people of certain countries even when they are abroad will speak no other language except their own. When I was working in Rourkela steel plant, Odisha,, i experienced this. The collaborators were Germans. During the construction period many German experts and technicians stayed in India. I have never seen them talking with others even in technical matters in any other language except German. Indian government arranged translators for them.

True ! Language is hardly an issue since there is an external affairs ministry taking care of the issue and the PM has limited role as far as international communications are concerned....What we need is an efficient far sighted leader . We have seen what the so called educated english speaking leaders of yester years have done to the nation..

Language is only a medium. This has nothing to do with efficiency and character. English is being used as offcial language of government as well as for business- internal and foreign. Owing to constant use, English is no more foreign inspite of foreign origin. We need not feel arrogant for english language skill but also need not feel ashamed or hesitant in using this.

When one is not comfortable speaking English why shd there be any hesitancy in speaking in ones own language like in Modi's case.He in fact told Arnab Goswamy in his TV interview that he will speak in Hindi, although he can speak in English he is not very fluent...

The fact that he's not fluent in English has been admitted magnanimously. Don't you think it's another virtue in Modi?
Now Translators should be in greater demand if the ministers and other BJP leaders follow P.M.'s example. The P.M. talked to foreign dinitaries in Hindi. The oficers had to tanslate some part for benefot of the foreign dignitaries.

http://news.oneindia.in/new-delhi/pm-narendra-modi-speaks-to-foreign-dignitaries-in-hindi-1455538.html

All European heads of State and some Asian heads speak in their language when they visit other countries or when other digniteries visit them, and I dont see anything wrong with it, better than speaking with an accent that no one follows like our earlier Madame did..

Not only Heads of state, but even the people of certain countries even when they are abroad will speak no other language except their own. When I was working in Rourkela steel plant, Odisha,, i experienced this. The collaborators were Germans. During the construction period many German experts and technicians stayed in India. I have never seen them talking with others even in technical matters in any other language except German. Indian government arranged translators for them.

True ! Language is hardly an issue since there is an external affairs ministry taking care of the issue and the PM has limited role as far as international communications are concerned....What we need is an efficient far sighted leader . We have seen what the so called educated english speaking leaders of yester years have done to the nation..

Language is only a medium. This has nothing to do with efficiency and character. English is being used as offcial language of government as well as for business- internal and foreign. Owing to constant use, English is no more foreign inspite of foreign origin. We need not feel arrogant for english language skill but also need not feel ashamed or hesitant in using this.

When one is not comfortable speaking English why shd there be any hesitancy in speaking in ones own language like in Modi's case.He in fact told Arnab Goswamy in his TV interview that he will speak in Hindi, although he can speak in English he is not very fluent...

The fact that he's not fluent in English has been admitted magnanimously. Don't you think it's another virtue in Modi?

If he feels more at ease in Hindi, this is okay. Translator will convey his message more clearly. Every one may not be fluent in English This is no issue.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

English has become almost our official language. Even while speaking Hindi, the words of English that creep in are too many. Some time back in my town I found all the movies running had English names. I found it strange that no Hindi movie is running, till i observed that nearly eighty percent were Hindi movies with English names. Even in the vegetable market these days most of the vegetables are referred to by their English names. In today's TOI there is article which is blaming the previous Left government in Bengal for harming multiple generation of student's future and their employment possibilities by their policy of teaching in mother tongue and neglecting English. Even Mr Modi, during his rule in Gujarat has promoted the use of English for better prospects of students.
So let us not link English with nationalism/patriotism etc. It is unfair. We are exchanging views in English. Does it make us less Indian.
A person should surely speak in the language that he can communicate in the best and there is nothing wrong in it.
Language in itself is just a means of communication.However, down the years it has also become a part of our cultural heritage and symbolises patriotism to a certain extent.If not we would not have had so many internal wars between states over languages.
But in the broader context it is good to know English since it is the accepted international language , however it does not convey a persons inability as an effective leader or even effective communicator since one can be as good in both in one's own mother tongue or Hindi , Tamil or whatever language he or she prefers to communicate in...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I appreciate him for speaking in Hindi r for that matter if he had decided to speak in Gujrati. I have seen hundreds of press conferences by Head of states in different countries where they speak in their mother tongue despite being fully conversant with English. It's better to speak with confidence compared to read from a paper in an accent which only speaker understands.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

it is a good sign and PM Modi is making some changes and most of times most leaders have been speaking their native languages and this make easier for leaders to interact as there are manyinterpretaros and mechanisms are available for translating languages. In the world wide India is known for Hindi language primarily and this should be exercised so that world leaders willl know more about it.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
it is a good sign and PM Modi is making some changes and most of times most leaders have been speaking their native languages and this make easier for leaders to interact as there are manyinterpretaros and mechanisms are available for translating languages. In the world wide India is known for Hindi language primarily and this should be exercised so that world leaders willl know more about it.

I would suggest everyone should speak in their own language and the leaders should be provided with interpreters to end the language related differences which the parties were using as a tool thus far. We have many recognized languages and everyone is free to use his mother tongue. This will increase the confidence of leaders and everyone in the public will understand them better.

I would suggest everyone should speak in their own language and the leaders should be provided with interpreters to end the language related differences which the parties were using as a tool thus far. We have many recognized languages and everyone is free to use his mother tongue. This will increase the confidence of leaders and everyone in the public will understand them better.

English and Hindi both are used in central government work. Using too many languages may add to cost of interpretation and translation and shifting of focus from work to languages. The best is to use only English or Hindi for national or central government work and regional languages at state level.

Thank you said by: suni51

English and Hindi both are used in central government work. Using too many languages may add to cost of interpretation and translation and shifting of focus from work to languages. The best is to use only English or Hindi for national or central government work and regional languages at state level.

It will create jobs and leaders will feel much better and this is going to help the on going dispute between Hindi and regional languages in many states.

It will create jobs and leaders will feel much better and this is going to help the on going dispute between Hindi and regional languages in many states.

Only national level leaders ,ay have some language problems. At state level, they speak in regional languages. Most mational leaders know English or HIndi. So using one of these may be no problem. Using all regional languages at national level will increase cost of interpreters and translators unnecessarily. We need to avoid such unproductive expenditure.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.