Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shiela Dixit is not clinging to governor's post because she is power hungary. She is afraid of being investigated and possibly prosecuted by a new government in Delhi State. In fact AAP had launched the process. As governor she gets protection from these and this is why she wants to continue as governor. Why should NE States be used for dumping unwanted governors as was the Gujarat governor who was to retire in November this year. So vendetta is also reason for transfers. I also feel that when there is change of government political appointees should resign on their own.

What is the constitutional position? The new government is unable to terminate her appointment constitutinally. Elections/ appointments for all offices are independent and are not related to union government. Now a counter question- should all CMs also resign when a new government is formed at center? Every incumbent of an office should be allod to complete his full tenure except when there are allegations of misconduct duly established. There is no way Sheila Dixit surrender to blackmail by the new rulers at center.

The governors are appointed by the ruling party in the Center and most of the time they are members of that political party. Therefore when the ruling party at the center changes ipso facto a new ideology comes into power. The governors are of the out voted ideology and can come in the way of the new ruling party. It is therefore expected that the governors will resign indirectly bowing to the will of the people. As CM's are elected members they need not resign if a new government is formed at the center because they draw legitimacy from the people. So I would not call it a blackmail by NDA and Sheila should have resigned but because of her prosecution fears she is using the constitutional position and may be willing to go to any other state but remain a governor.

That is exactly my view as far as governors' position is concerned, they shd have the sense to resign and make way for new governors who are better tuned with the center and Congress party shd know this well enough since the practice was started by them and they make tall claims about 60 year rule...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Vandetta is just a figment of imagination. What NDA has done is implemented a rule that's in practice.

It is well known that the governor of Gujarat did not see eye to eye with Modi on many issues. So now that NDA govt has come to power they have transferred her to Nagaland when they could have allowed her to finish her term expiring in a few months in November. Everyone in Gujarat was waiting for her either resigning or getting transferred ever since NDA came to power. It is vendetta in that sense. Vendetta can be taken even under rules. I am not holding it against NDA as she also trouble Modi a lot. It is tit for tat under rules of course.

Absolutely. many a time even if there are no rules, its customary to quote precedences and follow accordingly for smooth running. A governor should be magnanimous without being dogged. Sail along the current. That's what i wanted to say.

Being magnanimous in politics today is an outdated concept. Political positions are no longer a service but a privilege which the holders find it very difficult to give up. They are ready to be humiliated but will cling to their posts

I'm in total agreement with you. For the sake of power politicians crawl and kneel to any extent.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.