Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am all for the court ruling , however, let us sincerly hope that this is done in a fair manner by the concerned authorities ...I have seen many such instances where some religious symbols remain untouched because they hurt the sentiments of the believers and some others not ...

I agree. But such cases are at different places and each authority works according to own judgment or discretion. There can always be difference of opinion about an authority's action. But there should be some guide lins to nsur uniformity and least annoyance. It would be bettr that instead of authorities removing the religious symbols, the concerned communities be allowed to themselves dismantle aaand shift these with full dignity.

The concerned communities seldom are willing to either shift base or co operate with the authorities. There is a flyover built in Frazer town in Bangalore anfd the road under it had to be widened to make way for traffic .There was/is a small temple structure on one side and a statue of virgin mary which now has become a shrine o the other side and bith are unwilling to budge although it takes up at least 3-4 feet of the road area and to this day they remain as they are..

I think B'lore and Mumbai are competitors in terms of worst traffic problems...Pune is still better...Hyderabad is no less ..and in rainy season the roads fill with water, making movement all the more difficult.

Thats true, Bangalore has seen an unprecedented growth in the recent years and traffic problem gets worse each day and when it rains, there is water logging in some low lying areas which makes the situation even worse !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am all for the court ruling , however, let us sincerly hope that this is done in a fair manner by the concerned authorities ...I have seen many such instances where some religious symbols remain untouched because they hurt the sentiments of the believers and some others not ...

I agree. But such cases are at different places and each authority works according to own judgment or discretion. There can always be difference of opinion about an authority's action. But there should be some guide lins to nsur uniformity and least annoyance. It would be bettr that instead of authorities removing the religious symbols, the concerned communities be allowed to themselves dismantle aaand shift these with full dignity.

The concerned communities seldom are willing to either shift base or co operate with the authorities. There is a flyover built in Frazer town in Bangalore anfd the road under it had to be widened to make way for traffic .There was/is a small temple structure on one side and a statue of virgin mary which now has become a shrine o the other side and bith are unwilling to budge although it takes up at least 3-4 feet of the road area and to this day they remain as they are..

I think B'lore and Mumbai are competitors in terms of worst traffic problems...Pune is still better...Hyderabad is no less ..and in rainy season the roads fill with water, making movement all the more difficult.

Thats true, Bangalore has seen an unprecedented growth in the recent years and traffic problem gets worse each day and when it rains, there is water logging in some low lying areas which makes the situation even worse !

Also, unlike Pune where there are numerous residential areas near the IT parks, I heard that in B'lore this is not the case..where travelling long distance is bound to happen..not sure if this is true.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Very recently I was in B'Lore. Felt sorry about the incessant traffic jams and the chaos on the roads. And I need not say about the traffic congestions and Jams in Hyderabad. A small drizzle will create all the problems on the roads. No city big or small is an exception in this regard.

Also, unlike Pune where there are numerous residential areas near the IT parks, I heard that in B'lore this is not the case..where travelling long distance is bound to happen..not sure if this is true.

Now there are many residential areas being built around the IT parks so that people need not waste time travelling.But the migrant population is what makes the city so filthy, also poor garbage management which seems to be the problem in most metro cities across India, most of our major cities are stinking most of the time ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now there are many residential areas being built around the IT parks so that people need not waste time travelling.But the migrant population is what makes the city so filthy, also poor garbage management which seems to be the problem in most metro cities across India, most of our major cities are stinking most of the time ..

Migration of people cannot be stopped. But Garbage management can be made effective. Urban town planning has to come of age. Our planners lack forethought . A city's growing needs are never taken into consideration

Migration of people cannot be stopped. But Garbage management can be made effective. Urban town planning has to come of age. Our planners lack forethought . A city's growing needs are never taken into consideration

It is good if commuting (distance and time) from home to workplace and vice-versa is minimized, this is what adds to the traffic problems. Also, there are no dearth of jobs in metro cities, unlike other cities, hence people have no choice but to migrate to metros to earn a living. Lack of civic sense is the cause of stink and dirt.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

It is good if commuting (distance and time) from home to workplace and vice-versa is minimized, this is what adds to the traffic problems. Also, there are no dearth of jobs in metro cities, unlike other cities, hence people have no choice but to migrate to metros to earn a living. Lack of civic sense is the cause of stink and dirt.

Lack of civic sense, if necessary should be forced by imposing on the spot heavy fines and penalties . We know only the language of "FORCE".
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.