Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Actually the matter in question is not related to religious structures on the roads but a particular Jain temples which was sanctioned earlier but later refused. But if they could demolish all obstruction on roads that will be welcome (should be)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Actually the matter in question is not related to religious structures on the roads but a particular Jain temples which was sanctioned earlier but later refused. But if they could demolish all obstruction on roads that will be welcome (should be)

In India you gain attention by obstruction and not facilitation.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
There is often resentment when some Hindu idol or a Muslim Mazar/ miosque need be shifted in public interest. I witnessed lot of public protests when a small temple had to be removed from Raja Mandi Railway Station Agra. The temple is still on the railway platform as Railway authorities dare not injure the 'religious sentiments'.

Now there is court ruling that religion is not above public interest.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Religion-not-above-public-interest-HC/articleshow/39259129.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

I'll be happiest person if they could do it without any concession to any religion. We need straight and wider roads more than encroachment on government land, the only condition is- No difference, not for anyone.

Yes, wider roads are indeed a necessity. Even if there are wider roads at few places, often two-wheelers are parked right in front of the shops which makes movement impossible.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

There is often resentment when some Hindu idol or a Muslim Mazar/ miosque need be shifted in public interest. I witnessed lot of public protests when a small temple had to be removed from Raja Mandi Railway Station Agra. The temple is still on the railway platform as Railway authorities dare not injure the 'religious sentiments'.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Religion-not-above-public-interest-HC/articleshow/39259129.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

I'll be happiest person if they could do it without any concession to any religion. We need straight and wider roads more than encroachment on government land, the only condition is- No difference, not for anyone.

Yes, wider roads are indeed a necessity. Even if there are wider roads at few places, often two-wheelers are parked right in front of the shops which makes movement impossible.

In India traffic rapidly expands to fill the road width available and one just does not know how wide a road should be built.

In India traffic rapidly expands to fill the road width available and one just does not know how wide a road should be built.

I can't help but laugh at what you have just said or rather written. It is but true...in a way..over the years the number of bikers have also increased...also lack of good public transport is making it mandatory for people to use their personal vehicles adding to traffic and parking problems.

I can't help but laugh at what you have just said or rather written. It is but true...in a way..over the years the number of bikers have also increased...also lack of good public transport is making it mandatory for people to use their personal vehicles adding to traffic and parking problems.

Metro trains in most cities along with monorail can be a solution to ease traffic congestion.

Metro trains in most cities along with monorail can be a solution to ease traffic congestion.

Metro are good enough and in good condition only in Delhi. Yes, MMTS local train...in Hyderabad was good..though overcrowded.

There are many projects on the paper, most of which are unfinished to solve traffic problems. These unfinished Metro trains, flyovers are causing more accidents.
I am all for the court ruling , however, let us sincerly hope that this is done in a fair manner by the concerned authorities ...I have seen many such instances where some religious symbols remain untouched because they hurt the sentiments of the believers and some others not ...

I agree. But such cases are at different places and each authority works according to own judgment or discretion. There can always be difference of opinion about an authority's action. But there should be some guide lins to nsur uniformity and least annoyance. It would be bettr that instead of authorities removing the religious symbols, the concerned communities be allowed to themselves dismantle aaand shift these with full dignity.

The concerned communities seldom are willing to either shift base or co operate with the authorities. There is a flyover built in Frazer town in Bangalore anfd the road under it had to be widened to make way for traffic .There was/is a small temple structure on one side and a statue of virgin mary which now has become a shrine o the other side and bith are unwilling to budge although it takes up at least 3-4 feet of the road area and to this day they remain as they are..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am all for the court ruling , however, let us sincerly hope that this is done in a fair manner by the concerned authorities ...I have seen many such instances where some religious symbols remain untouched because they hurt the sentiments of the believers and some others not ...

I agree. But such cases are at different places and each authority works according to own judgment or discretion. There can always be difference of opinion about an authority's action. But there should be some guide lins to nsur uniformity and least annoyance. It would be bettr that instead of authorities removing the religious symbols, the concerned communities be allowed to themselves dismantle aaand shift these with full dignity.

The concerned communities seldom are willing to either shift base or co operate with the authorities. There is a flyover built in Frazer town in Bangalore anfd the road under it had to be widened to make way for traffic .There was/is a small temple structure on one side and a statue of virgin mary which now has become a shrine o the other side and bith are unwilling to budge although it takes up at least 3-4 feet of the road area and to this day they remain as they are..

I think B'lore and Mumbai are competitors in terms of worst traffic problems...Pune is still better...Hyderabad is no less ..and in rainy season the roads fill with water, making movement all the more difficult.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.