Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Two hour English classes for house maids in Kerala. when i read the article i remember the TV ad of Vivekananda institute in which house maid will sing a song in English and the person get amazed. It is a welcome decision. What do you think about it?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kochi/Why-maids-cant-do-without-English/articleshow/42989617.cms

It is a welcome move..knowing a language such English will obviously ease out any discomfort that people coming from other states face. A maid is the first person we need to interact with, the moment we shift to any place on a daily basis.

Your knowledge of knowing another language especially English will not go waste, especially for these maids who aspire for good employment opportunities.

But, personally I try to learn the basic local language to have my message conveyed esp to the maids...But maids with English knowledge can keep the guests in good humour and convey the info without any problem.

That's the very purpose of this move to teach English to the maids-introduced by the Kerala government. There are other advantages too given in the link article.

Thats a good move in terms of safety also.

Safety as in ...can you please elaborate.

Perhaps Geeta meant in job safety. Having English knowledge in any spher ensures a stable job.
Two hour English classes for house maids in Kerala. when i read the article i remember the TV ad of Vivekananda institute in which house maid will sing a song in English and the person get amazed. It is a welcome decision. What do you think about it?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kochi/Why-maids-cant-do-without-English/articleshow/42989617.cms

It is a welcome move..knowing a language such English will obviously ease out any discomfort that people coming from other states face. A maid is the first person we need to interact with, the moment we shift to any place on a daily basis.

Your knowledge of knowing another language especially English will not go waste, especially for these maids who aspire for good employment opportunities.

But, personally I try to learn the basic local language to have my message conveyed esp to the maids...But maids with English knowledge can keep the guests in good humour and convey the info without any problem.

That's the very purpose of this move to teach English to the maids-introduced by the Kerala government. There are other advantages too given in the link article.

Perhaps Geeta meant in job safety. Having English knowledge in any spher ensures a stable job.

Yes sir. It will provide them a secured and stable job to lead their life. In that point of view i said that .

Yes sir. It will provide them a secured and stable job to lead their life. In that point of view i said that .

I could understand what you meant. But it should be clear, leaving no chances for ambiguity

Yes, soon English will become a household language...people will be able to communicate using one language...which is good thing in itself.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Their self-confidence will increase and they communicate with others without much struggle. Some people are expert in one field but due to lack in English they can't able to express their ideas to reality.They get the chance to write anything what they want.

Their self-confidence will increase and they communicate with others without much struggle. Some people are expert in one field but due to lack in English they can't able to express their ideas to reality.They get the chance to write anything what they want.

For the same reason, English has been accepted as universal language.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh, Dwarakanathan

Actually, as per the thread and the link, the women who work as maids wished to learn English for the benefit of their children. Though learning English doesn't have a direct bearing on household tasks..but it can prove beneficial for teaching their children.

Actually, as per the thread and the link, the women who work as maids wished to learn English for the benefit of their children. Though learning English doesn't have a direct bearing on household tasks..but it can prove beneficial for teaching their children.

The thread says one of the important benefit for the mads is it helps in getting opportunities for a better job. It also helping them in teaching English language. One benefit leads to another.

The thread says one of the important benefit for the mads is it helps in getting opportunities for a better job. It also helping them in teaching English language. One benefit leads to another.

Yes, true one good initiative leads to another good thing...and slowly if this trend be replicated in other states, nothing like it.

I could understand what you meant. But it should be clear, leaving no chances for ambiguity

Sure sir. I will take care of that :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.