The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Faced with the scary prospect of losing lives to simple infections in the future, India is finally waking up to the dangers of reckless antibiotic use. The Indian Medical Association, a pan-India voluntary organization of doctors, will on Sunday launch a nationwide awareness programme on overuse of these live-savers, a practice that has led to emergence of drug-resistant organisms.

Stop prescribing antibiotics for fever and cold, Indian Medical Association will tell doctors

Good news..because it is better late than never..some of the antibiotics and pain killers are banned in some states and in other states such medicines are sold over the counter. Overuse of antibiotocs does impact our immunity..the our body fails to respond to any medicine.

The problem lies with the people. They are so used to self medication, with the slightest symptoms of cold, pop up a pill in to their mouths. They have the least awareness about the ill effects of antibiotics.

It is better to stay away from antibiotics. I have seen many army persons giving small amount of wine to their kids to cure cold.

If parents are giving wine, to their children, to cure cold, you can imagine how foolish the parents are. That's why I said its the unawareness about the evils of antibiotics prevailing mostly in the people.

Yes due to lack of awareness most of the people taking antibiotics to cure cold. Now Indian Medical Association is trying to spread the message that use of antibiotics should be minimized.

It takes time. People in general refuse to accept a change.
Faced with the scary prospect of losing lives to simple infections in the future, India is finally waking up to the dangers of reckless antibiotic use. The Indian Medical Association, a pan-India voluntary organization of doctors, will on Sunday launch a nationwide awareness programme on overuse of these live-savers, a practice that has led to emergence of drug-resistant organisms.

Stop prescribing antibiotics for fever and cold, Indian Medical Association will tell doctors

Good news..because it is better late than never..some of the antibiotics and pain killers are banned in some states and in other states such medicines are sold over the counter. Overuse of antibiotocs does impact our immunity..the our body fails to respond to any medicine.

The problem lies with the people. They are so used to self medication, with the slightest symptoms of cold, pop up a pill in to their mouths. They have the least awareness about the ill effects of antibiotics.

It is better to stay away from antibiotics. I have seen many army persons giving small amount of wine to their kids to cure cold.

If parents are giving wine, to their children, to cure cold, you can imagine how foolish the parents are. That's why I said its the unawareness about the evils of antibiotics prevailing mostly in the people.

Yes due to lack of awareness most of the people taking antibiotics to cure cold. Now Indian Medical Association is trying to spread the message that use of antibiotics should be minimized.

Antibiotics always give trouble to the mankind. We are taking the medicine knowing its side effects. The cure the diseases immediately after that only the problem get raised.

Antibiotics always give trouble to the mankind. We are taking the medicine knowing its side effects. The cure the diseases immediately after that only the problem get raised.

Antibiotics cure one disease and adds two diseases. It's side effects : act on the human health. .If they are used regularly, they become drug resistant.

Antibiotics cure one disease and adds two diseases. It's side effects : act on the human health. .If they are used regularly, they become drug resistant.

True. The side effects are listed out in website when you give the medicine name. Medicines are not curing the diseases for the long period medicine taking persons. They are prescribing medicine for one problem but it cures that problem temporarily and creates another problem due to that medicine. Even mild dose medicine also create problems.

True. The side effects are listed out in website when you give the medicine name. Medicines are not curing the diseases for the long period medicine taking persons. They are prescribing medicine for one problem but it cures that problem temporarily and creates another problem due to that medicine. Even mild dose medicine also create problems.

Which is why, I prefer natural treatments like Naturopathy, that uses all the naturally available things like herbs, leaves and barks.

Which is why, I prefer natural treatments like Naturopathy, that uses all the naturally available things like herbs, leaves and barks.

I think due to the time taking process to cure the diseases people are opting for antibiotics. We can't expect the disease cure in one day, but by the way of increasing our self confidence, to fight against diseases and belief in natural medicine we can live in a healthy environment.

I think due to the time taking process to cure the diseases people are opting for antibiotics. We can't expect the disease cure in one day, but by the way of increasing our self confidence, to fight against diseases and belief in natural medicine we can live in a healthy environment.

There is no need of self confidence. Natural methods like Ayurveda have the quality of treating ailments are known as holistic medicines. Because they treat the root of the disease, not the symptoms. They are free of side effects.

There is no need of self confidence. Natural methods like Ayurveda have the quality of treating ailments are known as holistic medicines. Because they treat the root of the disease, not the symptoms. They are free of side effects.

Yes. It is a good point. They are analyzing the root cause for the disease and make treatment according to that.

Yes, so we should go for homeophatic or ayurvedic medicines depending on what suits you.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes. It is a good point. They are analyzing the root cause for the disease and make treatment according to that.

Holistic methods of medical treatment, treats the entire human body as one single unit. By treating the root of the ailment, the chances of recurrence of the ailment are greatly reduced. Where as in the conventional mainstream medical treatments, the chances of recurrence of the ailment are many.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.