Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel that the work of Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar is incomplete. Otherwise there would not be so many widows deserted by their relatives and living miserably in Vrindavan (U.P.)- a fact stressed by Mathura M.P. Hema Malini.

He has done his bit for widow marriages. But, people did not accept the worth of widow marriages.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I feel that the work of Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar is incomplete. Otherwise there would not be so many widows deserted by their relatives and living miserably in Vrindavan (U.P.)- a fact stressed by Mathura M.P. Hema Malini.

He has done his bit for widow marriages. But, people did not accept the worth of widow marriages.

Vidyasagar attempted the reform in Bengal but sady, the condition of Bengali widows is worst.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Vidyasagar attempted the reform in Bengal but sady, the condition of Bengali widows is worst.

Again it's a failure of not realizing the worth of widow remarriages..It's a tradition bound country, where such changes like widow remarriages, where deeply rooted in the society. Even Sati is prevalent in the remote places of this country.

But the plight of widows in India is changing, people readily accept a widow as their wife..thanks to advancement in the field of education.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

But the plight of widows in India is changing, people readily accept a widow as their wife..thanks to advancement in the field of education.

Still a lot has to be done. We need not only willingness of the people to marry widows. But widows also should show willingness to get married.

Still a lot has to be done. We need not only willingness of the people to marry widows. But widows also should show willingness to get married.

Yes, of course...but in yester years young girls were forced to marry old men..which automatically gave rise to widowhood..I guess this has come down now in recent times...thanks to education, and change in the thinking patterns of people.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

very young
Yes, of course...but in yester years young girls were forced to marry old men..which automatically gave rise to widowhood..I guess this has come down now in recent times...thanks to education, and change in the thinking patterns of people.

Even today, majority of widows are determined to lead a life, resigning to their fate. This mindset of widows has to change drastically.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.