Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

He did not, look the way he handled the situation, he himself was fined for rude behavior in the last test match. He is a Punjabi that cannot control his sentiments during a crisis. That was one of the main reasons a Sikh was never handed the command of army of this country until 2004 and only two so far.

I appreciate your logic for  a Sikh not being appointed as Army Chief but Manmohan Singh was as cool as a South Indian -what happened and Modi is unlike any  typical Gujarati!!! It would be interesting to know as to which community is eminently suited for  leadership roles in India  in cricket and other areas.

I did not say that but that was official views for not appointing a Sikh as an army chief. They thought Sikhs being too aggressive might take decision in heat of the moment.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

He did not, look the way he handled the situation, he himself was fined for rude behavior in the last test match. He is a Punjabi that cannot control his sentiments during a crisis. That was one of the main reasons a Sikh was never handed the command of army of this country until 2004 and only two so far.

I appreciate your logic for  a Sikh not being appointed as Army Chief but Manmohan Singh was as cool as a South Indian -what happened and Modi is unlike any  typical Gujarati!!! It would be interesting to know as to which community is eminently suited for  leadership roles in India  in cricket and other areas.

I did not say that but that was official views for not appointing a Sikh as an army chief. They thought Sikhs being too aggressive might take decision in heat of the moment.

I agree with you that a particular community may have some influence on the behavioral aspect of the individual But there are exceptions too. Hariprasad Chaurasia, renowned  Flautist hails from a community of wrestlers.

First time I am hearing that such views were official. Without sounding offensive I would like to know your source purely out of curiosity, because I have held the belief that such decisions are taken on merit. I agree community b/g does mould a person but at such higher responsibilities they get neutralised by one's developed personality- hopefully.

First time I am hearing that such views were official. Without sounding offensive I would like to know your source purely out of curiosity, because I have held the belief that such decisions are taken on merit. I agree community b/g does mould a person but at such higher responsibilities they get neutralised by one's developed personality- hopefully.

Yes. At times t becomes necessary to set aside your own beliefs for the sake of overall interests.

If you try to search these facts you will see the facts. It won't be appropriate to name the people that believed in this and you would have to agree that many senior officers were bypassed on that  particular ground. But that is not the point of discussion here so I will not go further on this.

Thank you said by: vijay

I think one more test needs to be given to him. India was almost winning that match.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I think one more test needs to be given to him. India was almost winning that match.

Definitely Kohli should be given some more chances. Rome was not built in a day.

Kohli is getting more chances as Dhoni is not yet fit I guess. Or maybe to provide him chances Dhoni was kept out.

Kohli is getting more chances as Dhoni is not yet fit I guess. Or maybe to provide him chances Dhoni was kept out.

Right now Dhoni is not yet fit. A few days ago, just after the ODI series against Sri Lanka, I read a news saying that Dhoni is fit and would takeover the reins of Skipper for the Australian tour. In between what happened and why Kohli was asked to lead for Australian tour,nobody knows.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.