Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
mohan manohar wrote:

I think atheist persons should not tilt towards any colors, and in movie pk the character is atheist from alien but criticizing a single sect seems to be order of the day in Bollywood. 

The alien character has questioned Hindus, Sikhs and Muslim sects. Does questioning  godmen for fooling the people amount to criticising religion. Should society move towards rationalism or go deeper into dogmatism.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
vijay wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

I have not seen PK. But I saw the trailor. I feel that Hindu religion allows dissent an discussion. If there is any criticism of some practices, nothing wrong. There is tradition of discussion (shastrarth or debate) But criticism and insult differ.  It appears that there is some inslt to Hindu deities in the movie PK. The insult is definitely not tolerable in any condition. I am an atheist and do not believe in any religion. But I ill definitely not insult and deity and never do anything that may hurt religious sentiments of any one. The makers of the movie should consider the objections and themselves remove any objectionable scenes in the movie. 

Pl go and see it and as a neutral umpire give your valuable comments

Thank you for the suggestion. Usually I see movies only on U tube. Presently, it is not available.  I shal definitely see the movie online when available.  However I feel that censor board has already passed the movie and this has run for considerable period. The agitation has onl helped the movie getting more viewers. Surprisingly, the general public are not showing any anger against the movie. It is only the professional Hindutva organization who are making so much noise. This is also a matter for consideration.  

It would be a good idea to see PK in a theater after a long time. It has collected worldwide a sum of Rs  300 cr + in a matter of 10 days. I saw it in a multiplex and after a long time on a working Monday in a noon show the theater was nearly houseful and what was surprising was that at a few scenes there was clapping in the hall. If the idea propagated  in the movie catches on so many godmen will be out of business and Hinduism will flourish in a much healthier manner. The protest is financial in nature under the garb of religion.

PK has collected 330 crore? I am not surprised! 

My simple query- why is Taslima Nasreen has no place to live anywhere in the world?

Why does Salman Rushdie look so helpless?

Why is that every Tom Dick and Harry comes and kick us in the bum and allowed to have a hearty laugh?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:

I think atheism in itself is kind of religion, a sect of people who do not know whether to believe or not. But if they do have no faith they always remain neutral. They do not take sides of any one, nor criticize the ones trying to defend their own religion. 

atheists are not a community unlike Hindu, Muslim or Christian. I am a Hindu so far as community is concerned. atheism is a matter of personal belief only. an atheist may be member of any religious community. Vir Savarkar described himself as Hindu atheist. Javed Akhtar is a Muslim so far as community is concerned but he describes himself as an atheist in his twitter account. atheists are those who don't elieve in existence of God. Those who have doubt- viz. are unsure about God are not atheists but agnostic.   Khushwant Singh fals in the category of agnostic- neither belieing nor disbelieving God. However he belonged to Sikh community.

Now n PK. as i have posted elsewhere, debate is okay. Hinduism has a long history of debate. But I dislike and strongly oppose insult to any religious sentiments- be Hindu or Muslim or Christian or whatever. Whatever be the merits of the movie PK, I don't appreciate U.P. government's decision to make the movie tax free. This is needless act intended to annoy the HIndutva organizations 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
vijay wrote:

I have not seen PK. But I saw the trailor. I feel that Hindu religion allows dissent an discussion. If there is any criticism of some practices, nothing wrong. There is tradition of discussion (shastrarth or debate) But criticism and insult differ.  It appears that there is some inslt to Hindu deities in the movie PK. The insult is definitely not tolerable in any condition. I am an atheist and do not believe in any religion. But I ill definitely not insult and deity and never do anything that may hurt religious sentiments of any one. The makers of the movie should consider the objections and themselves remove any objectionable scenes in the movie. 

Thank you for the suggestion. Usually I see movies only on U tube. Presently, it is not available.  I shal definitely see the movie online when available.  However I feel that censor board has already passed the movie and this has run for considerable period. The agitation has onl helped the movie getting more viewers. Surprisingly, the general public are not showing any anger against the movie. It is only the professional Hindutva organization who are making so much noise. This is also a matter for consideration.  

It would be a good idea to see PK in a theater after a long time. It has collected worldwide a sum of Rs  300 cr + in a matter of 10 days. I saw it in a multiplex and after a long time on a working Monday in a noon show the theater was nearly houseful and what was surprising was that at a few scenes there was clapping in the hall. If the idea propagated  in the movie catches on so many godmen will be out of business and Hinduism will flourish in a much healthier manner. The protest is financial in nature under the garb of religion.

My simple query- why is Taslima Nasreen has no place to live anywhere in the world?

Why is that every Tom Dick and Harry comes and kick us in the bum and allowed to have a hearty laugh?

Taslima has chosen to stay in India and many western countries are ready to allow her to stay .  I do not think salman Rushdie looks helpless. Both of them are victims of the fringe elements in their religion. Do you support it. Just because they did it is it any reason for Hindus also to do it. MF Hussain was hounded out and another country allowed him to stay. So were they wrong.You are advocating that we should also do similar as fringe elements are doing in other religions.Then what is difference between Hinduism and Islam and Christianity. Perhaps perception is leading to persecution complex.

vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
vijay wrote:

Taslima has chosen to stay in India and many western countries are ready to allow her to stay .  I do not think salman Rushdie looks helpless. Both of them are victims of the fringe elements in their religion. Do you support it. Just because they did it is it any reason for Hindus also to do it. MF Hussain was hounded out and another country allowed him to stay. So were they wrong.You are advocating that we should also do similar as fringe elements are doing in other religions.Then what is difference between Hinduism and Islam and Christianity. Perhaps perception is leading to persecution complex.

I am not supporting or opposing anyone but simply not a follower of the theory that suggests to offer my second cheek to someone that hit my one already. I will certainly hit back and hit back harder. 

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
vijay wrote:

I am not supporting or opposing anyone but simply not a follower of the theory that suggests to offer my second cheek to someone that hit my one already. I will certainly hit back and hit back harder. 

Ok. An eye for an eye makes the world blind a cheek for an cheek would make the world a -------.

Democracy and religious freedom is a double edged  sword and people shd be careful how they handle it.A multi religious country like India is being used by politicians and leaders for their own benefit like Akilesh has done now and they cry foul when other parties do the same thing. If we start ignoring minor religious issues and also not give undue importance such issues inspite of provocation there would be no problem. The problem arises in our countrty when all parties unite when such a issue is raised by minorties and look the other way when Hindus do the same.I would say that downplaying the issue would be the best thing to do..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Does it not look odd that in a country having nearly 95% Hindu politicians in and outside power, they should be fighting for 10% votes of minorities. Does it make a difference.Wrong Perceptions are having a field day.Pk was made by Hindu producer and director. I hate to write like this but whn will wrong perceptions of persons change. They may not.

vijay wrote:

Does it not look odd that in a country having nearly 95% Hindu politicians in and outside power, they should be fighting for 10% votes of minorities. Does it make a difference.Wrong Perceptions are having a field day.Pk was made by Hindu producer and director. I hate to write like this but whn will wrong perceptions of persons change. They may not.

10%? They account for 35-40% of the Indian population and will soon be in majority. In UP alone 25 districts have majority population of so called minority community and that is officially declared by Mayavati government years before. Now more districts perhaps. India has about 25-30% of one minority group alone.

I am giving a link to the last census figures which may be a little 0ff the mark either way and in 4 years since then the numbers might have changed to some extent ..

http://censusindia.gov.in/Census_And_You/religion.aspx

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.