Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
geetha wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I referred the irresponsible act of the writer who has written the book  said in the post.

It is an irresponsible act. As a writer he must be responsible towards society. India is known for its rich cultures and traditions. Already we are becoming more westernised. In addition to that, if people publishes like this, then our future generation will get spoiled totally. So these kind of activities should not be encouraged.

This is how freedom of expression is abused. It's like burning your home without bothering how the fire devastates the neighbor's houses.

I do not understand a bit, whether the killing in Paris was wrong or write? Why is that freedom of expression is one way traffic all over the world? 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is rightly stated by some that authors should be responsible. But why do you have different notions about freedom to publish cartoons of Pagambar (prophet). 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In matters of faith rational arguements do not work. In societies which are still at different levels of freedom of expression, there will always be persons and groups who will feel hurt and may react violently. In so called advanced societies sensitivity to beliefs of other faiths is less or absent under the guise of freedom of expression and then events like Paris occur. Sad but true. 

But why is consenous sex between adults improper as is claimed by a learned member at the start of this topic.

I read about this book and the controversy behind it. It is based on a tradition that is freely being practiced in a particular community from hundreds of years. Until now if no one found that particular tradition to be offensive in the least, why raise such a hullabaloo over the book?? In any case, clamping the freedom of expression and banning books is not new in this country! It is truly ridiculous the way such books get banned but the issues spoken of in those books are always neglected.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

tIt all comes down to how mature and evolved you are in dealing with issues....I find it truly amazing that people have time to protest and speak about freedom of expression at the same time. It is a double edged sword that cuts both ways. However, if you develop the attitude of being open to ideas and not be prudish and judgmental thinking that only what you believe and do is right and what others do and say has loopholes, things would be a lot better and healthier..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

tIt all comes down to how mature and evolved you are in dealing with issues....I find it truly amazing that people have time to protest and speak about freedom of expression at the same time. It is a double edged sword that cuts both ways. However, if you develop the attitude of being open to ideas and not be prudish and judgmental thinking that only what you believe and do is right and what others do and say has loopholes, things would be a lot better and healthier..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Let us see the hypocricy of the west. They have freedom of expression to insult Islam amd may be evn Hindu. But they seldom exercise such freedom to make cartoon of Jesus, (virgin) Mary or criticize notion of  healing powers of prayer/ Christ and the tale of christ appearing alive two days after cruxification. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I feel the freedom of expression is relatively truly practiced in USA where it is defended strictly by law also. Unfortunately in India freedom of expression is always right when abuse is aimed at someone else. The moment it is on oneself then it is abuse of the right of freedom. I have many times seen people of different comuinities heartily enjoy Sardar jokes, but the moment you bring their own community into a joke they will get angry and turn abusive. Also fringe elements are able to exert control on society with least effort by opposing and turning violent. It is the convenient silence of leaders and the non implementation of laws that emboldens the fringe elements. India is far away from becoming a real freedom of expression society like USA.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.