Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A blanket ban on social sites is a deed of foolishness. First of all owing to such ban many top leaders even in the ruling party will feel the pinch. Because every leader worth his salt use twitter for expressing and for airing their views. With this shortsighted view BJP or RSS will be pulling the carpet on which they are standing.

These people are currently too much into in the 'make in India' 'desi stuff only' and all that sort of nonsense. Fact is, it will make no difference at all no matter how many loud demands they make about closing such sites. These sites such as Google, FB, Twitter etc. have a large presence and closing them down will mean great loss to economy. So this will prove only the case of empty vessels making loud noises and nothing more. Such demands should be ignored completely.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
suni51 wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

It is OK in case of government employees at their workplace. However, here the concern is regarding the suggestion to ban ALL INDIAN CITIZENS from using Google, Yahoo, and other social sites.  Such a suggestion cannot be welcomed. 

This has not been suggested or sounds practical. 

The suggestion is by a BJP/ RSS leader. This is clear from the link given in my initial post.in this thread.  

I mean such suggestions have no meaning whatsoever coming from individuals whatever the party they belong to. The present central government is trying its best to spread all possible information technology in every field of life. We should not mind what people talk in personal capacity.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I doubt if BJP has anything to do with this- it has become the norm to link RSS with BJP over every single issue which is not right. Modi himself is so much into the social media and twitter that it is unthinkable that he would advocate any ban on socail sites.He is far sighted and realises the importance of them today to all including the ruling class

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

I doubt if BJP has anything to do with this- it has become the norm to link RSS with BJP over every single issue which is not right. Modi himself is so much into the social media and twitter that it is unthinkable that he would advocate any ban on socail sites.He is far sighted and realises the importance of them today to all including the ruling class

It may be the handiwork  of the media. I too doubt the version of the news.

As for a person belonging to either to BJP or RSS saying any such thing does not mean we should give them any importance. We shall always listen such statements coming from people belonging to different parties.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

As for a person belonging to either to BJP or RSS saying any such thing does not mean we should give them any importance. We shall always listen such statements coming from people belonging to different parties.

True. Many parties, even congress  expressed such views earlier. Long ago Khap panchayats too expressed such views. We're they followed? As you said, the best solution is not to pay heed to such views. They were simply treated as outdated views. Even if BJP says it, it's an outdated view.

In every party or organisation there will always be a few bad eggs who tear into the reputation of the party/organisation.Similarly in NDA too there are a few such individuals who pass comments thoughtlessly and it becomes the duty of the Prime minister and the working committee to keep these people in check in the best interest of the nation...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Freedom of expression of citizens is really in danger. The latest in series is arrest of a youth for writing something about a minister in U.P. government in Facebook. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.